Hacking Touchpod M66 v4.8 X Released!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
RchUncleSkeleton said:
okay I understood waiting for the fix, but they didn't even get it fixed correctly.....how the hell do you release a "fix" that doesn't work right? do any cards currently play this game 100%? and don't say yes the ak2i blah blah blah, unless you've actually tested it and found it to not freeze at all during an extended period of play.

i have supercard and ive played for hours and hours, no prob yet. on 6th badge.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my sisters crash could be related to a slow micro sd (if it works for some people realy well) we both have a class 2 (I have a kingston and she has a sandisc)

Nerioe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the 4.8 release, deleted everything SoulSilver related, and put SS back on the card. I started it up and it didn't freeze until I was in Sprout Tower, but unlike the previous freezing errors it froze at the beginning of a battle when my pokeballs were spinning and I could soft reset.

BraveToaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nerioe said:
I downloaded the 4.8 release, deleted everything SoulSilver related, and put SS back on the card. I started it up and it didn't freeze until I was in Sprout Tower, but unlike the previous freezing errors it froze at the beginning of a battle when my pokeballs were spinning and I could soft reset.

I had this type of freeze on the old firmware as well, that doesn't seem to be anything new. I've been playing SMT for the past couple of hours (I reformatted before updating) and I'll check my HG and see if I'm freezing as well (or if I get corrupted).

EDIT: Froze after entering and exiting a pokecenter 46 times, (have three badges at this time). It's certainly longer than it took before, but still has the problem present. Oh well, guess I'll be sticking to SMT for now (what a tragedy
rolleyes.gif
)

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Taken from the forums

4788 Pokémon: SoulSilver (U)(Xenophobia) YSM09.12.05 Freezes just like it did in the Japanese version. Wait for a fix. It is playable if you save often, but by the time you beat Whitney, the freezing will happen so often that it renders the game virtually unplayable. Your best option is to use the Japanese ROM with the patched English text from the American version. It works extremely well.

4787 Pokémon: HeartGold (U)(Xenophobia) YSM09.12.05 Freezes just like it did in the Japanese version. Wait for a fix. It is playable if you save often, but by the time you beat Whitney, the freezing will happen so often that it renders the game virtually unplayable. Your best option is to use the Japanese ROM with the patched English text from the American version. It works extremely well.

What does this mean?
I noticed YSM.... does that mean "YS Menu"?

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the real update will be near now. just like when LOZ ST came out, first you had to waite for 7 days till the fix was there wich didn't work 3 days later the next update came out and it worked perfect never to fail again.
And I am getting the game the day after tomorow so I don't realy care that much about the patch, it's only a bit more fun to cheat now and then.

samuraidrive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giratina - sorry first time poster here, but I'm the one that posted that info at M3.

I was basically using it to prove that the M3 update DID include a fix for these games, but it's obviously not working so well.

Not sure what YSM means, but that info was taken from the R4 compatibility list (only for the purpose of getting the actual ROM number). Found here: http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list

Anyway, I really hope they're testing a bit harder with this!

BraveToaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giratina3 said:
What does this mean?
I noticed YSM.... does that mean "YS Menu"?

Yea, that's how YSMenu firmware versions are designated "YSM[YY][MM][DD]

QUOTE(The Pink Cat Boy @ Mar 24 2010, 01:28 PM) Added the update for the temp Sakura FAQ, right here
Quad-boot will come in a bit

Good to hear, thanks for the work as always.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically nothing has really been fixed, Pokemon still freezing, SMT doesn't work and was Alice in Wonderland ever made playable. I don't why they didn't just release an update when everything was done because we're all still going to have to wait anyway.
All I can say is I'm glad I've got an Edge as well, I'm absolutely loving SMT much more than the first DS one.

EDIT- Ok tried SMT with the new firmware and it freezes for me when I start new game but when I brought over my save from my Edge card it works fine

Marv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have successfully combined old 1.46 sakura and new loader from touchpod, and Strange Journey, and DIY works fine. Just copy files modified in 24/03/2010 and it'll work. If You want to play new Wario game remember to create save file in touchpad (creating save file takes about 1 minute).

eugene222

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Boys it doesnt freeze... :

quote of frdyami:

Everyone who has a freeze on pokemon hg and ss try the download from xxx the versions of the pokemon heartgold en soul silver are 4788 and 4787. The xenophobia one is 4748 and 4747 and those 2 aren\'\'t in the fix list.

It does work look here: *snip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1