Touch screen calibration

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Madlyinsane, Sep 7, 2010.

Sep 7, 2010

Touch screen calibration by Madlyinsane at 9:57 PM (1,521 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Madlyinsane
    OP

Newcomer Madlyinsane Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I've been using the Supercard dstwo since it's release and I've noticed a problem in the touch screen calibration. In games everything is fine, but inside the supercard's navigation menu and while running some homebrew, the touch screen registers my stylus about one inch down and right to where it actually is. This was an annoyance but not a massive problem until recently, as I'm trying to run some homebrew which needs to use a keyboard and the way the screen registers where my stylus is makes it impossible to press the 1,q,a and z keys.

I'm using a DSi XL so I was wondering if its maybe somthing to do with the screen being bigger than what the software was made for?

I'm using the latest Firmware and its been happening since the first version. Does any one have any ideas on how to fix this?

If its any use the specific homebrew I'm trying to run is dsvnc but it happens with pretty much everything that uses the touch screen.

Cheers

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    The DSi XL isn't the problem. Try recalibrating in the DSi menu.

3. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Sometimes this happens. I had the same problem on my Phat with my CycloDS. Only problem was, the touch screen calibration was all messed up and was on an endless loop.

Never got it figured out, but I have a lite now so I don't care much.

4. Madlyinsane
    OP

Newcomer Madlyinsane Member

United Kingdom

Thanks that sorted it, can't believe that I didn't try that before. It's strange though how it only effected homebrew but not official games.