Hacking Totaly lost when trying to abandon Gateway.

Pazumin_1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, long time guest reader here that finally registered because i need serious help, :/

I have read the holy guide (https://3ds.guide) several times and tried to understand it and i realy dont get it.

Long story short, im a long time Gateway user and got a Old 3ds XL with sysnand 4.5 and emunand on 10.x or something and i use the profile exploit and are very happy with the offline launch mode and i would like to have the same entrypoint for Luna if possible.
I have read some old topics about how you have to upgrade and downgrade to 2.1 and then upgrade to 9.2 again and then the whole part with something called "payloads" ?!?! and so many files or programs containing the number 9, im so lost.

I stumbled upon this part: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset) , by first going to https://3ds.guide/get-started then pressing my Old 3ds XL and then selecting my "4.0-4.5" MSET thingy. This part dont seem so hard, about 20 steps and not so complicated it seems, not sure what i will end up with tho...

But then at the end when i go to "Continue to Finalizing Setup" i end up at https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup and there is over 60 steps and there is numbers and letters everywhere and i dont unserstand anything, :'(

I was expecting some easy clueless noob guide where you maby had to do 10 steps simular to when i first set up my gateway, i just used my DStwo and installed a .nds file and it was all good, then i just created my Emunand with a nice GUI and done.

I just wanted some easy way to transfer over to Luna, anyone can help me out?, :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What is it you're stuck with exactly? Do everything in order, and when you get to a step you don't understand then come and ask us, and make sure to say what you've done already (hopefully that will be, "followed every step up to section... step..."). Don't skip anything and don't do anything different because the steps look too hard - they are there for a reason. If you fail to follow steps then it is possible to brick (not likely - just possible).

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's actually not as complicated as it looks - and the reason there are what seem to be an overwhelming amount of steps in the guide is to make it as foolproof as possible.
Go through the entire guide at least a couple of times (downloading the required files as you go) before going through the process for real. By the time you get to actually installing b9s it will make a bit more sense.
If you have any problems, the Temp is here to help :)

Pazumin_1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is it you're stuck with exactly? Do everything in order, and when you get to a step you don't understand then come and ask us, and make sure to say what you've done already (hopefully that will be, "followed every step up to section... step..."). Don't skip anything and don't do anything different because the steps look too hard - they are there for a reason. If you fail to follow steps then it is possible to brick (not likely - just possible).

can i still have the same Sysnand -> Emunand setup with Luma?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, you can't tell you're afraid of payloads when GW's Launcher.dat is one of them :P
Maybe it's "complicated", but honestly, is it more complicated than when you installed GW, created an emuNAND, formatted an SD card to FAT32 and the other one to exFAT, installed an exploit with a blue card and booted your 3DS with a red one?... Not really.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also, you can't tell you're afraid of payloads when GW's Launcher.dat is one of them :P
Maybe it's "complicated", but honestly, is it more complicated than when you installed GW, created an emuNAND, formatted an SD card to FAT32 and the other one to exFAT, installed an exploit with a blue card and booted your 3DS with a red one?... Not really.
I'd even go as far as to say it is a lot easier.

Reactions: Zidapi and Hayleia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.