Totally Awesome Console Ideas!

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is where the Bestest of the Best Console Ideas go! But will never get used cause they are so pro
l33t haxness to the max 0 Exploits possibru

I'll start

A Console that has an 8GB Graphics RAM and 20GB Everything Else RAM
The Firmware is Made using Command Prompt Batch Script
This allows for Graphics like this

7xtCVtV.png

I mean those are some pretty dank graphics :)

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a new better best console ever

Its called the SystemBox 58 Thousand Omega Awesome
It has Regional Lock (Per City Also so you can only play games bought in your city)
You can not use External Storage
Once you put the Disc in the System it destroys the Disc and Permanently Installs it to the Hardrive (You can not uninstall it)
(Nor can you swap it out for a new hard drive)
System Specs
1GB RAM
1GHZ Single Core CPU
128MB Video RAM
RF Out Only
Also, The Hard Drive has a Max capacity of 200GB and the games are about 50gb each in size so thats pretty cool :)
Launch titles are,
Tetris
Pong
Breakout
Combat 3D (A Remake of Combat from the Atari 2600)

This will be released in December of 2015
Best console ever
Launch Price: $700 USD

Reactions: Subtle Demise

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some ideas for my console:

- The controller should double as a TV remote with the following functions: Power on/off TV, switch between gaming and TV, and volume controls. (how modern consoles don't have this is beyond me)
- When you power on the console, it automatically changes the TV to that video signal. (and turns on the TV if it wasn't on yet) When you turn off the console, it changes back to TV.
- compatible with all PC gamepads
- remappable controls in the OS. It would be tied to that specific game and user, so wouldn't have to keep remapping the controls back to normal when you switch game.
- the system should ruin quietly
- (new idea I only just thought of) the game console can be played on a PC by connecting the game console to the PC (such as USB or such) and played on the PC monitor. Or hell, maybe make the game console an external add-on for the PC. So it would be sort of like gaming on PC but it doesn't matter what your specs are, since all the specs are inside the box. :D

other ideas but kind of random: Optional battery so the system can run without a power supply. (The idea was so you can easily take it to friend's houses.) The system should ideally be lightweight, portable, and not run hot. A cart-based or download-only system might be desirable, like Vita TV.

edit: Or make a WiiU, but without a power brick. Just one cable from the wall to the system like a PS3 slim. Also you should be able to charge the gamepad by simply putting the gamepad on top of the console. That would be awesome.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some ideas for my console:

- The controller should double as a TV remote with the following functions: Power on/off TV, switch between gaming and TV, and volume controls. (how modern consoles don't have this is beyond me)
- When you power on the console, it automatically changes the TV to that video signal. (and turns on the TV if it wasn't on yet) When you turn off the console, it changes back to TV.
- compatible with all PC gamepads
- remappable controls in the OS. It would be tied to that specific game and user, so wouldn't have to keep remapping the controls back to normal when you switch game.
- the system should ruin quietly
- (new idea I only just thought of) the game console can be played on a PC by connecting the game console to the PC (such as USB or such) and played on the PC monitor. Or hell, maybe make the game console an external add-on for the PC. So it would be sort of like gaming on PC but it doesn't matter what your specs are, since all the specs are inside the box. :D

other ideas but kind of random: Optional battery so the system can run without a power supply. (The idea was so you can easily take it to friend's houses.) The system should ideally be lightweight, portable, and not run hot. A cart-based or download-only system might be desirable, like Vita TV.

edit: Or make a WiiU, but without a power brick. Just one cable from the wall to the system like a PS3 slim. Also you should be able to charge the gamepad by simply putting the gamepad on top of the console. That would be awesome.

Sounds like a PC

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a PC

None of my ideas are remotely like a PC, except the gamepad support and remappable controls.

If the external box can't play PC games then its not a PC. but if it can play PC games then it could still potentially bring droves of people into PC gaming because they'd no longer need a high spec PC no would they have to take their PC apart. Its basically an external upgrade. Which when I put it that way has probably been thought of before but there are probably some strings attached. I'm talking about all the components packed into a box. The pc is only used for its monitor and internet connection. I guess its like onlive in a way, but instead of a server, its a box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action...