Total NEWB need help with softmod Q's and help please :D

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Evan_212, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Evan_212
    OP

Evan_212 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    United States
    I hacked my wii a LONG time ago and it has worked very nice with no problems installing anything at all.

I recently have tried to install SENS9xGX on my bud's wii and my other friend hacked it for him.

I have had problems loading SNES emu error reading install ios58 before use, exit. Same error with the forwarder. I tried installing ios58 several times and it also says that it cannot be installed, I have read that I should just use the .wad installer for ios58, but I am a newb and do not know where to look and have googled several help posts that end in another dead end.

So my questions.

What program can i use to see what is on this wii with maybe a prinout/file dump?

If I force an install of ios58 could it brick my wii?

Is there an all-in-one updated package that would fix all my problems while not deleting my saves or corrupting my data alread on the wii for my games/saves/etc.?

Keep in mind I am a full on somewhat noob to the scene so links and locations to things would be helpful.

*Another problem I was facing was his VC games work fine but when i move them to SD to save blocks they wont play... any reason?

2. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    Look at the top of this forum for the topic about modmii. It's a computer app that can download all the files you need to hack/update your wii to get everything working properly.

Just use the wizard guide and tell it your wanting to update your current mods. It will ask you a series of questions then based on your answers it will download all the appropriate files you need and give you a custom install guide on how to use everything.

3. Evan_212
    OP

Evan_212 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the quick reply, I just got home and the only question I have now is....

Is 4.3U hackable through Modmii ... or ... not?

That is all .. I read using it I would need a game disc ... or hit W i believe for discless... would the W option be the one I need then? or what hehe...

thanks again in advance!!!

Oh also if i use the wizard and choose my options will the re-hacking and updating of my system delete anything from my saved games/hard drive??

This worries me since it's not my Wii and I am trying to help a friend get his full functionality of his system I think darkcorp or w/e was installed .. not sure so everything to me is weird.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Modmii will give you the right files to hack 4.3u and yes discless works (did it myself to see).

Saved games survive, as does installed official software.

5. Evan_212
    OP

Evan_212 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    United States
    THANK YOU GUYS SOO SOO SOO SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

I redid his wii and installed a cool blue theme and now everything works as it should without issues!!!!!

THANK YOU !!! :D