Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebigboss14 said:
Raiser said:
Just a tip: always look in the comments to see if what you're downloading is the real deal or not. There are plenty of torrents with malware out there.
Sometimes I start thinking that the same companies(Owner's of the files of whatever) are the one whom create all this fake torrents, virus, Malaware, worms & Trojans. This is all a conspiracy to make money out of everything and everyone. Use a low upload setting and always try to remove the torrent from Bittorrent after you have downloaded it.

Companies would never do that. I'm sorry but no company is gonna risk getting caught by releasing a poisoned torrent.

And most torrents that are virus ridden usually get taken down or people abandon them. Good torrents are seeded, bad torrents aren't.

funkymonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebigboss14 said:
Raiser said:
Just a tip: always look in the comments to see if what you're downloading is the real deal or not. There are plenty of torrents with malware out there.
Sometimes I start thinking that the same companies(Owner's of the files of whatever) are the one whom create all this fake torrents, virus, Malaware, worms & Trojans. This is all a conspiracy to make money out of everything and everyone. Use a low upload setting and always try to remove the torrent from Bittorrent after you have downloaded it.

Little paranoid there aren't we?
rofl.gif

As long as you keep your upload ratio down like others have said you don't run into any risks. I've been using torrents for over 6 years and I've yet to get a letter from a company telling me I'm getting sued. Just be smart about it and don't go around starting your own underground pirated game store or something.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
0ddity said:
After the torrent is done downloading, just hit the stop button, or delete torrent button to stop seeding.
Sort of incorrect. Torrents are designed to be shared so as you download, you're seeding as a peer.

QUOTEAre people really give tips on how to leech?
Really?

What happened to ALWAYS FUCKING SEED
That's what i got a seedbox for..
Also, why has the font changed and gotten smaller?

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokefreak, I use Cox too. (knocks on wood) I haven't recevied anything, but then again I torrent like once a week and it's usually like a soundtrack to a movie or something. not HUGE stuff.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
0ddity said:
After the torrent is done downloading, just hit the stop button, or delete torrent button to stop seeding.
Leech
mad.gif

You should always seed what you've downloaded, I've been doing this for a few years now and never been caught (touches wood) and my upload ratio is above one, it's a p2p network for a reason. If no-one seeds then no-one downloads the file

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
prowler_ said:
Are people really give tips on how to leech?
Really?

Exactly. It's for this very reason public trackers are generally awful for speed. Fortunately I am on trackers that will kick you off for that crap if you don't seed back.

If a torrent is being monitored while you're downloading, it doesn't matter if you stop it when it finishes it. They still have your ip address. Generally only the music and movie industry pay companies to monitor, so games should be safer.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
prowler_ said:
Are people really give tips on how to leech?
Really?

Exactly. It's for this very reason public trackers are generally awful for speed. Fortunately I am on trackers that will kick you off for that crap if you don't seed back.

If a torrent is being monitored while you're downloading, it doesn't matter if you stop it when it finishes it. They still have your ip address. Generally only the music and movie industry pay companies to monitor, so games should be safer.

Depends on what you download. I use public trackers and it seems that music and movies usually get some good speeds (over 1MB/s is decently common, and that's good speed for me) while video games are hounded with a bagillion leechers and very few seeders. So I use JDownloader for video games usually and everything else is torrents.

For the record I'm a bitch and stop seeding once I download it.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa lay off me. The OP asked how to do something, and I told him, where did I say I don't seed? If you're on an ISP that limits bandwidth or monitors activity, you can't always seed.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edhel said:

This ^^

The way the companies work that go after this is they just get a list of all of the current peers for a torrent on a tracker and then sent letters to the lot of them demanding money. It's very easy money.

DiZ420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have heard from many close friends and distant friends, here in midwest usa, after seeding on 'd.noid that time warner sends them a warning , and they couldnt log on to browse the web without accepting it. (prolly these people download and seed pop music and big blockbuster movies) and sometimes reading the comments some people will point out that a particular torrent is being watched by "them"

i seed butt loads on smaller private trackers and leech only on the noid for many years and everything is kosher, with roadrunner too.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp...673716d440c1f33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to