Top Screen is Red instead of black

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ertaboy356b, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010
  1. ertaboy356b
    OP

Newcomer ertaboy356b Member

Philippines
    @Topic

I have a cracked hinge on the L Button.. Whenever I try to over-open the DSLite, the screen seems to fix partially but not entirely.. Whenever I press L Button while the screen is partially fixed due to over-opening the DS, the screen returns to its red messy colors..

How do I fix this? Is it possible that replacing the Case will fix this problem?

2. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    Not completely sure; but I'd say that it wounds like the ribbon cable is FUBARed. Mainly since the ribbon cable loops on the left side of the hinge...

Replacing the case probably won't fix the problem, you'd need to get a new top screen (since the ribbon cable is integrated into the screen itself); but you should get a new case as well to ensure it doesn't happen again.

3. Four_X

Newcomer Four_X Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    The best thing to do is sell the thing on eBay as faulty, you will get around 30-40 UK pounds you might
    Even get more, then go out get a new one. That’s what I would do. Repairing it can be a pain IV
    Tried to do one myself I ended up selling it as faulty on eBay and getting a new one. but thats the easy
    way of doing things.