Gaming Top 5 Things We Want in the PSP-4000

sherlocke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Author talks about the 5 things he wants in the new PSP-2. Sounds interesting and most seem easy to pull off. Don't know why they don't just implement them in the next system update. They should but they'll probably hold it off and integrate in newest system. That way it can be a sell point.

http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/top-...4000-009985.php

What would you like in the new PSP?

My top 5 are:
1) touchscreen support
2) bluetooth
3) faster wifi (3G support)
4) more games
5) get rid of the umds

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
touch screen
better battery (replace UMD space?)
onboard memory 10gb+ (replace UMD space?)
more codec support
IR port (with universal remote software)

ideally i'd also like to stream without transcoding, but that might take unrealistic upgrades like both wireless G and faster processor (high cost and battery drain)

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The title is highly misleading as is the article, there's a difference between PSP2 and a PSP-4000. The PSP-4k is an iteration of the current PSP, which means almost likely no huge improvements or if any it will be small like faster wifi from b to b/g for faster downloading of content and maybe a bump in the internal memory. When you start adding things that aren't in the older versions ala touchscreen, which affects games, you leave out a lot of people with the older model. The PSP2 is a different handheld all together. It's like saying the DS is just an upgraded GBA, when there are clearly differences.

The only thing I expect from a PSP-4K is:

1. Faster wifi from b to b/g.

2. Slightly more onboard memory. It's at 64 mb now from the 32 mb in the PSP-1000. It's highly likely they'll double that to 128 mb.

3. Better screen. 100% sure the PSP-3K issue will be taken care of.

As for a PSP2, I don't know. By next year's time, the tech will have changed significantly. This year is suppose to see a huge surge in new tech products ala USB 3.0, WUSB, better cheaper OLED manufacturing, etc.

sherlocke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are removing umds, i think they should put games on pre-loaded memory sticks. that way we'll still see games go on clearance instead of the "no frequent sales" zone of PSN.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No UMD
Micro sd card support
Hard drive
NO TOUCH SCREEN
Really its just becoming a fad now that the iphone did it. Everyone seems it necessary to have a touch screen now. If Sony wants to separate itself from the DS like the Wii did to to other consoles it needs to be good at what it does. Just like how the Wii is completely separate from the 360/PS3. The DS should be separate from each other. Its the only way for someone that isn't Nintendo to not drop out of hand held race. Be different from Nintendo at least in the hand held market. Just look at the PSP now. Its radically different from the DS. Thats why it lasted. Sonys pretty lucky to actually last compared to other companies. I hope I made sense there.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
NO TOUCH SCREEN
Really its just becoming a fad now that the iphone did it. Everyone seems it necessary to have a touch screen now. If Sony wants to separate itself from the DS like the Wii did to to other consoles it needs to be good at what it does.

truely i don't think touch screens are a fad, i don't want a buttonless handheld but a touch screen is far superior for certain types of games - such as puzzle quest or yu gi oh. i play the ds version of yu gi oh more than the (better and more complete PSP version) because it's so so much harder and time consuming to customise/rename your decks using tradional buttons.

it's a bit like asking a manufacterer to stick with a joystick and avoid the joypad, or stick with d-pads and stay away from analogue

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They better fix the screen.
They better have dual analog, better quality as well
And they better NOT put in touch screen. That's just dumb, and doesn't work with PSP.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what they do won't really matter unless they can get more companies to make more games for it. I know there are some damn good games for the PSP, but they are so far, and few between IMO. They need to really start releasing more games, more frequently or any kind of upgrade won't mean a thing.

Anyway, what I would like it a way to play PS2 games on it. Perhaps a converter that lets you rip your own games onto it assuming you own them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh