Hacking Tools Required for Downgrading n3DS (v9.7)?

Wiki'd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi all,

Here's my situation in short.

I have a 3DS XL (v4.5) with Gateway. Also a New 3DS XL (v9.7 - not hacked obviously). No Zelda or Cubic Ninja.

Question.

Will I be able to downgrade the New 3DS with the above tools only (meaning a hacked old 3DSXL with Gateway, but no Zelda/Cubic)?

Whether yes or no, would you suggest to wait (since I am not in rush) for Gateway's promised 'safe method' downgrade which they said they were working on since over a month ago?

I would truly appreciate any input.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use browserhax and menuhax still, which will let you launch sysupdater.

I'd recommend updating to 10.3 using sysupdater before downgrading, as numerous users got softbricks when downgrading from 9.X firmwares.

Wiki'd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You can use browserhax and menuhax still, which will let you launch sysupdater.

I'd recommend updating to 10.3 using sysupdater before downgrading, as numerous users got softbricks when downgrading from 9.X firmwares.
Thanks a lot for the reply, godstriker8!

Since I am not yet too versed about those yet (I will do a thorough research about how to install those later), can I use browserhax and menuhax (and the subsequent sysupdater) without the need of Zelda/Cubic save/exploit?

I will definitely update to 10.3 first if I could do it without any additional 'hardware', so thanks for the heads-up.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for the reply, godstriker8!

Since I am not yet too versed about those yet (I will do a thorough research about how to install those later), can I use browserhax and menuhax (and the subsequent sysupdater) without the need of Zelda/Cubic save/exploit?

I will definitely update to 10.3 first if I could do it without any additional 'hardware', so thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah, you don't need any game. There's guides in the tutorial section, but basically browserhax lets you launch homebrew via the internet browser. Using browserhax, you can install menuhax which let's you launch homebrew straight fomr booting up the 3DS.

After using either entrypoint to get into the homebrew launcher, you use sysupdater to either upgrade or downgrade the 3DS firmware.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wiki'd Don't listen to what godstriker8 said about updating first! (no offence) It doesn't actually have any real benefit. You're just taking the risk twice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...