Hacking Tool to copy drive

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a portable hard drive that I use for Configurable USB loader that uses the default FAT formatting. What tool would I use if I wanted to create a complete copy of this drive's contents to another larger drive without extracting the images one by one. Is a special tool needed for this or is there a utility already built into Windows that will do this without corrupting the images?

Ideally, I'd want to copy from one USB to another, as I don't have the space on my PC to back it up there, complete.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kid sampson said:
I have a portable hard drive that I use for Configurable USB loader that uses the default FAT formatting. What tool would I use if I wanted to create a complete copy of this drive's contents to another larger drive without extracting the images one by one. Is a special tool needed for this or is there a utility already built into Windows that will do this without corrupting the images?

Ideally, I'd want to copy from one USB to another, as I don't have the space on my PC to back it up there, complete.
WTF? Did I understood this right? You're using FAT32 to launch your games, right? So you have .wbfs-Files on your FAT32-Partition, right? If so, just copy the wbfs Folder to the new Hardrive, and done.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I added the images through a manager, I thought it may be needed to read or copy them. But if it's as simple as copy and paste, that's fantastic. Even though my question may seem silly, thank you for taking the time to reply. I didn't know, and I certainly didn't want to copy all of them and wait hours to find that it didn't work. Thanks for the confirmation, Blue.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kid sampson said:
Because I added the images through a manager, I thought it may be needed to read or copy them. But if it's as simple as copy and paste, that's fantastic. Even though my question may seem silly, thank you for taking the time to reply. I didn't know, and I certainly didn't want to copy all of them and wait hours to find that it didn't work. Thanks for the confirmation, Blue.
Its generally the Filesystem that can cause problems with copying, not the File
smile.gif
. And since it isn't WBFS, you won't have any problem with copying. You only converted the ISO to a new filetype, that's all. You can try it out...rename an a file to x.test and you can still copy it
smile.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
you only converted the ISO to a new filetype, that's all. You can try it out...rename an a file to x.test and you can still copy it
smile.gif
That's a really bad comparisation. Converting is not renaming but mostly involves renaming.

matsurisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the disks are identically sized, just boot your favourite linux livecd and do:

dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

of course, replacing the names of the devices for the disks with the apropiate ones (don't go and destroy your main hard disk!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1