Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.trd.br
XP
Country
Brazil
logoxj.png

Hello everybody. This is a very useful tool from brazilian romhacking scene, and I want to let you people know about it
smile.gif

~~ lazynds v2.0.0 ~~

Informations:

Author: Diego Hahn
Source Code Repository: http://lazynds.googlecode.com
Requires: GTK+ 2.12.9
The actual requirements list can be found on the repository (in portuguese, will be translated soon)

About the program:
lazynds is a romhacking tool, with the main objective of finding, dumping and inserting of compressed files, using the standart GBA/NDS BIOS compressions.

lazynds has been programmed in Python, using GTK+ as a graphical toolkit, making it possible to run under both Windows and Linux.

Change Log:
2.0.0: (Released in 20/09/2009)
* GUI completely recreated from scratch
* Search and drawing routines optimization
* Can searcch compressed archives in LZ, RLE and Huffman
* Can compress LZ and RLE files
* Graphical and hexadecimal data viewer
* 16, 256 color bitmap and True Color bitmaps support (1d ONLY)
* External palletes support
* 4 and 8 bpp codecs supported
* Unidimensional and bidimensional visualization
* 300x zoom support

Imagens:
Some images from the program are below:

lazy01.png

lazy03.png

lazy02.png

Downloads:
The download will be released as soon as we edit the source so it can use PO files.

~~ Compression Suite ~~

About:

The 'lazynds compression suite' are the compression/decompression routines written for lazynds.
Those routines are based on the ones found on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS BIOS.
They are having a separated release due to their great utility, and can be used in any projects you guys want, as soon as their origins are mentioned
tongue.gif

How to use:

The modules can be used in two ways: importing or command-line.
More informations on: http://code.google.com/p/lazynds/wiki/WikiSuite (portuguese, yet)

Download:

Via lazy's repository

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's all, folks. Feedback is ALWAYS important, so...
The project is opensource, so, if you want to implement something new, be welcome! Just tell me, so I can even put it in the 'official' pack!

If there are any questions, I'll answer them ASAP!

See ya!

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hahaha, you dont need to do much but get a decent compiler for Python to your Mac OS and thats it. And about english translation, the OPer said he would do it... I guess it just takes a bit of time and interest - which people by posting show - Good luck with this project ;D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the Brazilian scene is going to pump out tools like this I guess I am now going to have to learn Portuguese.

OP or anyone else the only Brazilian hacking site I know is http://www.romhacking.trd.br ; are there any other big ones or good ones I should know about?

Marvin Dalkiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.trd.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@FAST6191: Yes, that's our webste
smile.gif

The original post can be found here: http://www.romhacking.trd.br/index.php?topic=4425.0

And yes, there's plenty of other tools on the way, but we usually just post something about them when we have AT LEAST an 90% usable tool
tongue.gif

-----------------

@ Everyone else who posted here asking about the english translation: As I've mentioned before, this program is going to use PO files for localization. We just have to learn how to use POlib, and make the code changes, so it can be 100% supported, and translate the texts. I think that within three or four weeks we can do it (lots of tings to do, and I really don't have that much time
tongue.gif
).

----------------

@ DarthNemesis: Well, by now, it doesn't supports NSCR/NCGR/NCLR files using their structures (it's on our TODO list, but we can also break this on another tool, toguether with the SDAT tool we're creating), however, you can easily open the file, decompress its data and recompress, if it have any compressed stuff, obviously.

About the compression/decompression algorithms for arm9/overlay, I didn't get it. Can you be more specific? If you can explain me this, I can update the next version with this functionality.

I really appreciate everyone's interest in this project, and I hope you guys can use it ASAP
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill