1. Imp_Uhrfik_Simone

Newcomer

United States
    ...they're on the switchbrew page ...someone provided the link just after your original question in this thread (...tho, I'm still hoping someone posts the hex codes for the Dragon Quest XIS Loto Joy-Con! ...they are definitely different than the new "dark blue" values)

Last edited by Imp_Uhrfik_Simone, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Razor83

Razor83 GBAtemp Fan

Just a curious question - is the firmware stored in the SPI flash? If not has the 1.0 firmware from the Joy-Con and Pro controllers been dumped? I imagine 1.0 wont be available on Ninty's servers, and it may become difficult to find this version in future if its not dumped.

3. Badpiggiesgamer

Newcomer

United States
    I would ask you if it could be used on a Android Device, but you would probably say no.

4. Badpiggiesgamer

Newcomer

United States
    I would ask you if it could be used on a Android Device but you would probably say no.

5. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    It's open source so you could start porting it to Android. :)

6. latinchino90

latinchino90 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I keep getting an error message when I click on the body color button. I don't know what else to do.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

All it gives me is an error message when I click on the color button. What do I do?

7. Phantasteic

Phantasteic Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to change colors on specific buttons because I have the SNES shell for my pro controller?

8. Lockmii

Lockmii Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This has been a thing for almost three years and I'm just finding out about this. Underrated.

f0li0 likes this.
  9. hyze

hyze Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello! Hope someone can help me.

This tool worked perfectly with my left Joy-Con, but after changing colours on the right one, it's only usable *while not attached to the console (1P or 2P).
    (Edit2: Re-reading this again, I used the wrong word here. Fixed the description. Sorry.)

I used the tool because I spray-painted the Joy-Cons (and console) myself. I was very careful, had no hickups, it all went well. There is not the tiniest dot of paint anywhere it should not be. After painting and before using the tool, the Joy-Cons both worked perfectly fine, in both console and handheld modes. This problem only occurred after I used the tool.

If I attach the right Joy-Con to the Switch, it makes a clicking sound and shows the correct (new) colour flashing on the screen, but it doesn't register any input once attached. A different right Joy-Con (that has never been used with the tool) immediately works perfectly fine and without any issues in all modes.

I've searched in this thread, in other forums, and on YouTube for several hours and can't find a solution.

So far I have:
    • completely unpaired the left Joy-Con from the PC to avoid any interference
    • updated both controllers
    • restored the SPI (-> original colour, still the same problem)
    • rewritten a new colour onto it
    • disconnected & reconnected the Joy-Con from the Switch
    • disconnected & reconnected the Joy-Con from the PC
    • turned the Switch completely off & on again
    • refreshed & disconnected the Joy-Con in the tool
    • cleaned the connection thingies on the side of the Joy-Con
    • did a Full Restore via the tool and the backup

I've done most of these several times over, and in different orders. Always making sure I disconnect the Joy-Con from the tool, and unpair it from the PC's Bluetooth before trying to pair it with the Switch.
    The backup file has the correct name ('right' in the filename), and the correct size (524.288KB), so I have no reason to believe it to be corrupted.

If nothing else, is there a way to undo any changes done via the tool? As OP said on page 62, "you can't brick them with the toolkit in any way, even if you write zeroes to SPI." So I'm just gonna trust that and hope I didn't brick it.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I want to add that, oddly enough, right after trying to connect it in handheld mode, sometimes, just sometimes, it works for a maximum of 3 seconds. Then it just doesn't anymore.

Last edited by hyze, Mar 1, 2020
  10. IronCaptain

IronCaptain Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it possible to have different colors for different buttons? Like have a red A, green B, yellow X, and blue Y.

Last edited by IronCaptain, Mar 6, 2020
  11. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    No

12. LeoGrun

LeoGrun Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Perhaps in a future update you could allow users to create an external list of Pid and Vid pairs so that the tool works with third party pro controllers.

13. CopyKat

CopyKat Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i have those it would be 1473FA for the shell and 00000F for the buttons enjoy

Imp_Uhrfik_Simone likes this.
  14. BaamAlex

BaamAlex Failed to install Real_Life.exe

Germany
    You don't have to wait for someone doing this. Use the "Eyedropper" function. Very helpful for specific colors. Or when you need a specific color ;)

15. Lockmii

Lockmii Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone have the new Animal Crossing joycons hex code? I eyedropped the color from photos but I'd like the official ones.

16. BaamAlex

Germany
    The eyedropped color is the official one.

Crezut likes this.
  17. snarkygoblin

snarkygoblin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    connected mine to my computer with the toolkit here and got:

Green body: #82FF96
    Green buttons: #0A1E0A

Blue body: #96F5F5
    Blue buttons: #0A1E28

18. hyze

hyze Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I have now also exchanged the inner part of the Joy-Con that connects to the console body for that of another Joy-Con that did work when attached to the console. Just to make sure I didn't mess up anything while reassembling.

It still doesn't work...

If noone knows of this problem, does anyone maybe at least know a way to undo all changes made using the tool? This is so sad. I can absolutely not recommend this tool as of now. It ruined my Joy-Con.

19. BaamAlex

Germany
    Did you created an spi backup? That's the firmware iirc.

f0li0 likes this.
  20. hyze

hyze Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I did. I know my original post is quite long, sorry, wanted to provide as many info as possible.

Quote:

"So far I have:
    • completely unpaired the left Joy-Con from the PC to avoid any interference
    • updated both controllers
    • restored the SPI (-> original colour, still the same problem)
    • rewritten a new colour onto it
    • disconnected & reconnected the Joy-Con from the Switch
    • disconnected & reconnected the Joy-Con from the PC
    • turned the Switch completely off & on again
    • refreshed & disconnected the Joy-Con in the tool
    • cleaned the connection thingies on the side of the Joy-Con
    • did a Full Restore via the tool and the backup

I've done most of these several times over, and in different orders. Always making sure I disconnect the Joy-Con from the tool, and unpair it from the PC's Bluetooth before trying to pair it with the Switch.
    The backup file has the correct name ('right' in the filename), and the correct size (524.288KB), so I have no reason to believe it to be corrupted."
    I can only imagine that somehow, the SPI did end up corrupted? But I wouldn't have had any way to know this, as far as I can tell.​

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Toolkit, [Tool],