Too much disk reading?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Mr.kuchinawa, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008

Too much disk reading? by Mr.kuchinawa at 12:46 PM (1,028 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Mr.kuchinawa
    OP

Newcomer Mr.kuchinawa Advanced Member

Norway
    Hi.
    My backup of tales of symphonia 2 seems to put my drive trough alot of work. Since the disk reading is pretty extreme, I was wondering wheter this actually hurts the lens, seeing that it's burned on 4x with verbatim with IMGburn? Any response will be appreciated.

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Some games just constantly need to load new data. Tales may be one of them.
    Other games that do this are harry potter for example and medal of honor world at war.

3. Mr.kuchinawa
    OP

Newcomer Mr.kuchinawa Advanced Member

Norway
    Thanks. SO it shouldn't hurt my lens? Burn speed have nothing to do with it?

4. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    it's funny that you mention this because my mariokart disc makes the wi spin up to a strange rpm and the whole system buzzes and makes noises. It started doing this after about 40 hours of gameplay. And it's the real game.

All my backups load softer than most of my real ones, but I have had my system apart before and reassembled without a few of the screws.

In my opinion you would probably do worse to your lens forcing it to constantly load movies day after day. It seems to really not enjoy that, lol. But there's no fact behind that, just an observation.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    dont ever use -rw the laser works twice as hard to read these!