Tomoya's Twilight Princess HD Project

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Tomoya Hamasaki, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Tomoya Hamasaki
    OP

Tomoya Hamasaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    [​IMG]

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE: 32%

LATEST YOUTUBE VIDEO

DESCRIPTION
    I've decided to retexture Twilight Princess GC! I wanted to keep the original textures, but convert them into HD format as much as possible, and also add a little Skyward Sword style. Twilight Princess was suppose to aim towards a dark look+feel, but failed miserably by the power of blurry/ugly textures. The game also lacks lighting effects and shadow effects, so I'm working on getting shader addons(ReShade, SweetFX, etc.) to become compatible with the game. I'm aiming to get SSAO or HBAO, and DoF to work properly. I've seen some people that had success with some effects, but no tutorial. I NEED SOME HELP WITH APPLYING THOSE EFFECTS! I really want to get Twilight Princess polished as much as possible. The textures, that I've done, are looking beautiful, but the lackluster of HBAO, SSAO, and DoF is killing the feel. I know it's possible to get the effects working because I have successfully implemented HBAO and DoF on the Project64 ROMS(Majora's Mask, OoT, and Conker.) So yeah...

SCREENSHOTS! (NEW; MAY 24, 2015)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I will like to release the download of the ALPHA texture pack! Below is the download link. GO CRAZY! The changes to link have not been uploaded, yet. I'll be uploading them, as soon as possible. It will be considered a patch :)

Keep checking this post for any patches.

DOWNLOADS

DOWNLOAD SIZE: 1.24 GB

[​IMG]

INSTALLATION GUIDE

Simply watch this video I made:

DOWNLOAD LINKS REFERRED FROM THE VIDEO

Ishiiruka Download

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7f78x2czhknfrmr/AABUNENHyho1w1OlYZ7HeBbWa/Ishiiruka.360(e08fa67).x64.zip?dl=0

ReShade x64/64bit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fqDIMi91YMRzlvaS1FYVM4Skk/view?usp=sharing

ReShade x86/32bit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fqDIMi91YMY3g4YjRiSFVISUE/view?usp=sharing

Richard's ReShade Preset
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fqDIMi91YMOGZlNmdWa3l3S00/view?usp=sharing

Twilight Princess HD ALPHA 0.1.0
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fqDIMi91YMOTl1UXItZ3NsYnc/view?usp=sharing

Watch Me Stream the Pack and Show the Process of Creating Textures Live
    http://www.twitch.tv/tomoyahamasaki

NOTE
    You can customize the settings to your liking. If the game slows down, using SSAO, try turning down the "SSAO Quality" slider or perhaps the "Sample Range" slider. If you are still experiencing an FPS drop, try disabling Anti-Aliasing by setting it to "None" or try using a lower "Internal Resolution." If none of that helps, then you can just use DoF by selecting "DOF" in the "Post-Processing Effect" drop-down menu.

I also want to let everybody know that 90% of the textures, including Link and Epona, and all characters, are completely redrawn by me, digitally. I DID NOT USE ANY GOOGLE IMAGES! I Enlarge the texture with Alien Blow-up, and then trace it. If I am not satisfied with certain Twilight Princess textures, I remake them, completely(making them different, my style.)

AMAZING PEOPLE PART OF THE CAST
    Tino:
    Ishiiruka Developer | SSAO and DoF Implementation(more to come!)
    Richard(rlaugh0095): Supporter | Creates HD Gameplay Videos of Our Pack
    Tomoya: Texture Artist
    Sylux: Future engine improvements hacks developer/modder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by Tomoya Hamasaki, Jul 1, 2015
  2. Shinon

Shinon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2014
    Malaysia
    The HD edit versionIt looks like its from OOC ocarina of time

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    On one hand, I find what you're doing interesting, but on the other hand, I think the ridiculously bright colors completely eliminate the more serious tone the story is trying to set. For some reason, the greens really remind me of Super Mario 64 as well. I get it if you don't think the original textures quite did what the developers wanted, but I don't think doing a total 180 is exactly a solution.

Sinon, kbmarinha, DarkFlare69 and 4 others like this.
  4. MaskedRed

MaskedRed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2015
    United States
    Inside A Giant Whale
    Hopefully the new textures you said you were doing Retain more of a gritty and dark tone because these texture regardless of HD just ruin the tone of the whole game, that style(alpha 1) would fit best in Wind Waker/Skyward Sword.

5. Tomoya Hamasaki
    OP

Tomoya Hamasaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    Did you guys look at my latest fix? The comparison video is wicked outdated. I took all of the complaints and applied. Check the "Screenshots" spoiler, and you'll see the revisions. I basically made the textures look like OoT 3D, but with enhanced TP color shader. I really need to upload a new comparison video. People think the video is what's to come.

6. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    needz new comparison video! your new progress is AMAZING.

7. freakzilla5

freakzilla5 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2011
    Tomoya posted an gorgeous update in another forum .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HaloEffect17, Elrinth and VinsCool like this.
  8. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    My Laptop sucks with Dolphin so sadly I can't play this. I wish it was an GCM then I could change it to ISO an use it with Nintendont.

9. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    The screenshots really do look incredible. This won't be playable on a Wii, will it?

10. omega59

omega59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
  11. freakzilla5

freakzilla5 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2011
    Sadly no. But if your pc is strong enough to handle dolphin you shouldn't have a problem setting up/running it.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  12. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    I have a feeling that even new Zelda Wii U ain't gonna look as good as Tomoya's high res textures.

13. Sunny_lovely

Sunny_lovely Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2012
    India
    Amritsar, Punjab
    the grass is a bit too much green

14. freakzilla5

freakzilla5 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2011
    If you're talking about the grass in the video, that is based on his old textures. He has completely changed his style now. Look at the comparison pic for an idea of what the grass will look like. (right)

[​IMG]

15. Sunny_lovely

Sunny_lovely Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2012
    India
    Amritsar, Punjab
    I cannot see the image for some wierd reason :(

16. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    no likes? @Tomoya Hamasaki don't take it wrong, people are so lazy to click a damn button.

keep your good work, will look foward to this project

17. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I liked the brighter colors of the earlier versions, but it still looks great. It wouldn't surprise me if a cut down version could run on the Wii via something like Nintendont. Not sure what its cheat engine is capable of, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. If someone really wants to run it on their Wii, Nintendont is open source so anyone can look into it.

Last edited by TecXero, Jun 10, 2015
  18. Tomoya Hamasaki
    OP

Tomoya Hamasaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    United States
  19. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Of course it won't, Zelda U is going with Celshaded graphics, which is not a realistic output (but nice cartoonish effects)

20. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Good doesn't really mean realistic. Good is somewhat subjective. I tend to prefer vivid colors and simplistic styles myself. It mostly just comes down to opinion.