tixati vs utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both utorrent and tixati installed and did a quick test to compare their performance. I downloaded a HD video of a popular tv show, first with tixati and then with utorrent immediately afterward. The file was fairly large (497MB), in order to let the clients get "up to speed" during the course of the download. The connection was wired 52Megabit fibre optic. I used a stopwatch to time the clients and observed their progress.

Tixati took 12 minutes and 45 seconds to download the file. The maximum download speed was 1.1 megabytes per second and averaged about 750 kilobytes per second. It reported about 50 seeds and 3 peers.

Utorrent took 4 minutes and 53 seconds to download the file. The maximum download speed was 4.2 megabytes per second and averaged 2.2 megabytes per second. It reported several hundred seeds and peers.

Conclusion: Utorrent's average speed was twice tixati's maximum speed. I don't know why there was such a difference, but I think the test was very practical and "real-world". Tixati failed miserably to keep pace. I am so going to uninstall it.

public or private tracker??

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have both utorrent and tixati installed and did a quick test to compare their performance. I downloaded a HD video of a popular tv show, first with tixati and then with utorrent immediately afterward. The file was fairly large (497MB), in order to let the clients get "up to speed" during the course of the download. The connection was wired 52Megabit fibre optic. I used a stopwatch to time the clients and observed their progress.

Tixati took 12 minutes and 45 seconds to download the file. The maximum download speed was 1.1 megabytes per second and averaged about 750 kilobytes per second. It reported about 50 seeds and 3 peers.

Utorrent took 4 minutes and 53 seconds to download the file. The maximum download speed was 4.2 megabytes per second and averaged 2.2 megabytes per second. It reported several hundred seeds and peers.

Conclusion: Utorrent's average speed was twice tixati's maximum speed. I don't know why there was such a difference, but I think the test was very practical and "real-world". Tixati failed miserably to keep pace. I am so going to uninstall it.
Unless you connected to exactly the same peers both times under exactly the same circumstances you can't really draw any conclusions out of such an experiment.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
both are good software
just pick that you like the most.

UI is the least thing you have to concern about torrenting.
and tixati had everything it needs (and no ads).
if you want something looks very similar like utorrent before 3.0 phase use qBittorrent

Rogue_Syst3m

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been having trouble with vuze so i started using utorrent like i have been for a long time before vuze, imho utorrent seems to work better, i wasnt able to get seeds on vuze, where i had no trouble with utorrent.

although i am wanting to try qBittorrent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not you use uTorrent or Tixati, Use BTGuard or TorGuard with your torrents(that way you can't get tracked easily!)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looking at Tixati's UI, I wouldn't even consider using it. uTorrent and Transmission are both nice though, but on Windows I have to say I prefer uTorrent over anything else.

Reactions: signz

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would provide my input. uTorrentPortable is what I use. It's simple and easy to use, and you can transfer it from computer to computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh