^^title-2336^^

Euronymous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone tried this on a Supercard SD? If so what's the performance like? Thinking of picking up an EZFA. Someone accidently threw mine in the trash last christmas in the wrapping paper
frown.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You might wanna try #gbatemp then
wink.gif

Not that there's any ROMs there either or anything...

@ TPi: Yeah, I ended up figuring that out, it's just your earlier post was so cryptic :/

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol i didn't know the name of the room .. somehow i could never find it and i didn't thaught it would be that easy so i never tried that
tongue.gif

thanks

P.S @admins
may you put a nice big red link in the frontpage to the irc channel ? would be easyer for lazy ppl like me (or blind ones no clue ... )

Shinrin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ArcDiditBiatch = TPi O_O?

What does that mean anyway? Arc did what?

ArctheLad dumped it on iRC and tagged it as "Arc did it, Bitch!" because he was excited.
happy.gif

And Dirtie, no. I'm not that cool.
frown.gif

haha, me and this guy was teasing with arc in the channel cause he said was getting the game in the hour, and we said he should dump it,and he ask if this program will dump it and it would so boom
tongue.gif

Suzaku X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, a GBA rom that is worth downloading. Haven't had that for a long time now.
SNES port or not, I'll be sure to enjoy this one.
happy.gif
Actually, it's technically moreso a port of the PSX remake of the game, but with horribly downgraded graphics. The game actually comes across as really, really ugly looking in my opinion, especially when compared to either the SNES or PSX versions.

Nevertheless - official English translation? Hell yeah! I wanna see how well they did with this.

Paladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From first impressions, I don't really like this version at all =\..

They removed the ability to rename your character's first name.. no big deal i guess.. Also they removed the sound test.. So there's no real extras in the game to play with =|. Unless the in-game extras are all that great being the cooking and titles but I haven't played it enough yet to know (I believe these came from the PSX version).

It feels sluggish during the battles and if you compare it to the SNES version the GBA graphics look horrible.

There is no intro song like in the SNES version (never played the PSX so i don't know anything to compare it to there)

The voices are subpar.. lol even less in some cases than the fan voice patch by Gingo17.

Not sure how accurate the translation but it seems okay I guess.

All it comes down to me is that:

I hate that the music has no bass. The SNES version had that "duuuun Dunnnn duuunn dunnn" that is nowhere in the GBA version. So I find the ambienace of the game to be fairly poor to a version over 10 yrs old =O.

Thanks Namco/Nintendo for bring it over but it's just not up to par. Maybe an NDS version would have been more appropriate.

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
great!

finally a really good gba again!! it didnt get 90% reviews but well over 70!

@paladin never in my life have i experienced someone bitching as much as you do! lol not even my gf's bitch that much

Kezane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The arche-tiger comment was added in the DeJap translation patch, which is somewhat inaccurate in many parts, even excluding the intentional parts.

I actually disagree about the previous poster's opinion on this game. The way I see it, these are some of the best graphics I've seen on the GBA. I happened to hate the song on the SNES version too - if you can't have it in good quality, don't even bother having it at all.

I'm amazed at how much detail there is in this game. The battle is slightly sluggish but still plays out very well. Also, you know a lot of polish has gone into a game where each item has its own individual description and picture.

Overall, I was actually quite impressed by this game. Definitely one of the top few RPGs of the GBA.

Dokan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i agree with the people finding this title quite many lacks, although i find the graphics pretty nice -- and the game just as great as addictive.
on sfc i couldn't use instant saves, ahh i love them! (obviously it's a copier feature, not built in the game)

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
graphic design is cluttered and ugly, (see the menu screen and other places), but it's an okay port.
Funny how the SNES version looks way better than this. Obviously it was just slapped together. Golden Sun looked better than this game.
Too bad about the voices though. Seriously, they should have just cut them out. Good thing you can turn them off.

SilverGenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
graphic design is cluttered and ugly, (see the menu screen and other places), but it's an okay port.
Funny how the SNES version looks way better than this. Obviously it was just slapped together. Golden Sun looked better than this game.
Too bad about the voices though. Seriously, they should have just cut them out. Good thing you can turn them off.
you can? XO teach me o grand master!
tongue.gif

the graphics aren't bad at all, but they sure don't stand a chance against the SNES version's graphics.
i found it rather shocking that the game was only 64 Mbit, the SNES version used to be like 1,5 times larger than the largest SNES rom available...
it could have been way better, but its good nonetheless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: whats a dairy queen?