Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
North America usually gets the short of the stick when it comes to RPGs
frown.gif
  Those Japanese people think of North Americans as "brutes" and "thugs" who only like shooting, fighting, racing and sports games.  Anything that even remotely challenges the mind, they have second thoughts about bringing here
frown.gif
  it's like they think we're cavemen or something.  That's one of the reasons we'll probably never see any of the Brain Training games that were so successful on the DS.

it will come out.... nintendo has officialy said it...

Where exactly have you heard this? I don't see a US release date for this anywhere....

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Banpresto is just a publisher. This was developed by Flight-Plan. Even games that only say "© Banpresto" or whatever on the title screen were probably developed by an uncredited company.

And Zaraf, you're talking out of your arse.

Am I now? What I said is quite true. Although, this stereotype that the Japanese have of North Americans isn't AS bad as it was like 15 years ago, but it's there. Why do you think we missed out on so many good RPG titles and such? Squaresoft released the original Final Fantasy in North America as an after thought, FF2 and FF3 never saw an english release do to various factors, one of which this same concept. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was made targetting the American audience...they thought the RPG had to be that easy otherwise, the "brutes" would get confused and hate it. Why do you think they gave us a watered down version of Final Fantasy 4 on the SNES? I'm just using the Final Fantasy series just cause it's a good example. It was worse before, and now it's not as bad...but this is still why we miss out on a lot of good RPGs. And also some companies don't want to waste money on translating and stuff when they don't think their game will make much money overseas...again a concept which stems from the above bias.

Things have changed a lot since the early 90s. The vast majority of decent Japanese RPGs are now released in the US. Most of those that aren't are based on some anime or manga, where licensing problems can obstruct international releases. And way more Japanese racing/sports/shooting/fighting/other "action" games are unreleased in the US compared to RPGs.

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why the discussion on this game ended so abrubptly. It's not like a better game got released or something
smile.gif
. But for all of the people saying this will get released in the states, do you know for sure? Because nothing would make me happier. I'd finally be able to understand the series I love so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.