Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: nevermind i am a rabbit

EDIT 2: it's a shame that neither the L nor R shoulder button solution works. R interferes with the motorcycle segements, while L intereferes with using the Dash spell...

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

EDIT 2: it's a shame that neither the L nor R shoulder button solution works. R interferes with the motorcycle segements, while L intereferes with using the Dash spell...
motorcycle?i though the R was used to scrool around the screen....that is why i always though the previous Boktais should have used R to control the solar sensor instead of the L, it was a pain to dash without changing the sun >.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

motorcycle?i though the R was used to scrool around the screen....that is why i always though the previous Boktais should have used R to control the solar sensor instead of the L, it was a pain to dash without changing the sun >.<

oh yeah, it's used to scroll around the screen. But it's also used to make you go a little faster in the motorcycle sequences, so if you try to pull ahead of the enemy, you'll probably run the Sun Bar all the way up. Not that it matters much.

I guess, in the end, the best way is just playing it on the real cart :\

Elora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh hell yeah!
Rising Sun to the rescue again, thanks guys!

new crack version from wrg.
*seems* that RS only trained the game and didnt cracked.
if true, it's funny because not long ago they blamed Venom for just training Boktai 2 and not cracking.

you should not talk about things you dont know. the crack works perfectly. the only mistake was that we used the R-drigger wich is needed in some minigame later.

That was a simply mistake by not testing till the end.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Select used on this game? It could be used instead of R button... they should try to find new combinations to toggle on the sun-bar that won't interfere on the gameplay.

You hold Select to change your abilities, lenses and weapons.

Although it would probably be a better solution.

And I take back some of what I said about L being just as bad. With Dash, you can always point in the direction you want to go and jam on the button.

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm... more precisely it means "Counterattack of Sabata" since there is the 'no' syllabe between the words
nyanya.gif

No. As I said, please note the order of the possessive particle (?). ???????? would mean "Sabata's counterattack" (or "Counterattack of Sabata", as you put it). But the title is ????????, meaning "Sabata of counterattack", that is, "Sabata, who is counterattacking" (or, as I said, "Counterattacking Sabata").

Yes, I'm a grammar nazi.

CharlieF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm taking Japanese, so this translation business interests me too.

Most people translate "zelda no densetsu" as "Legend of Zelda."
Most people also translate "densetsu no stafy" as "Legend of Stafy."
Further, most people translate "teikoku no gyakushuu" as "The Empire Strikes Back" not "The Counterattack of the Empire" or "The Empire's Counterattack."

Thus, I would translate "gyakushuu no sabata" as "Sabata Strikes Back" simply because of the Star Wars association it brings to mind.

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm taking Japanese, so this translation business interests me too.

Most people translate "zelda no densetsu" as "Legend of Zelda."
Most people also translate "densetsu no stafy" as "Legend of Stafy."
Further, most people translate "teikoku no gyakushuu" as "The Empire Strikes Back" not "The Counterattack of the Empire" or "The Empire's Counterattack."

Thus, I would translate "gyakushuu no sabata" as "Sabata Strikes Back" simply because of the Star Wars association it brings to mind.

I would not actually translate it as "Counterattacking Sabata", since it sounds awkward in English. I was just pointing the literal translation. Since you're also a Japanese student, always keep in mind the order of no
lecture.gif
It's important, because the meaning depends on the order. It works like the possessive 's' in English, and opposite of "of" and Portuguese "de"; the thing which belongs comes after the thing it belongs to.

tanaka no ringo -> Apple of Tanaka (Tanaka's apple).
ringo no tanaka -> Tanaka of apple.

The second sentence is uncommon, but possible. "Tanaka of apple" could be "Tanaka, who ate the apple", "Tanaka, who loves apples", "Tanaka, who always carry an apple", etc.

In your teikoku example, the counterattack belongs to the Empire (gyakushuu comes last). In the game title, Sabata "belongs" to the counterattack (gyakushuu comes first). Gyakushuu is specifying Sabata. It's like if there were many Sabatas and someone asked, "which Sabata"? "Oh, it's Sabata of the counterattack". The feeling is something like "this time, Sabata is counterattacking!".

The same applies to densetsu no stafi. The (literal, non-idiomatic) meaning is "Stafy of the legend" or maybe "the legendary Stafy", but not "the legend of Stafy":

zelda no densetsu wa sugoi desu -> praise for the legend
densetsu no stafi wa sugoi desu -> praise for Stafy

Btw, Jei, sorry if my post sounded too harsh. You know that I love you
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...