Hacking Tip for all newbies considering soldering..

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I swear to god, do not consider soldering if you do not have the proper materials (ultra-thin pen/solder and the almighty desoldering copper shoelace)
Do not even think you're the almighty solder man who knows how to do it after just 5 previous solderjobs..

Reason for posting:

I semi-ruined my wii trying to install a d2pro onto the IC. (I bridged two pins using solder and cant get it off with my sucky equipment)..I think I even melted one of the legs(bottom)(is that even possible?)

Anyhow. I just bought 200 euros worth of proper equipment, including a magnifying glass, and will try again once it arrives..

Damn I underestimated this "-_-

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the equipment is re-usable, and I needed it next year anyway.

A Wiikey I would be able to install no-problem. But damn, IC legs are FRIGGIN SMALL(ER THAN I EXPECTED)

woytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did my wiikey job just fine with a 45W, 35 euro soldering iron without using any special equipment. And yes, I even did it before my fifth precious job. Maybe I'm talented?
tongue.gif
It ís a good soldering iron though! It even has a temperature controller on it with a display of the current temperature.

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. 45W is to much
2. Wiikeys are easy compared to D2Pro
3. Dont even consider TRYING a D2Pro without a 0.2mm tip/15W, Desoldering Braid and 30AWG wire.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Xeronage said:
I swear to god, do not consider soldering if you do not have the proper materials (ultra-thin pen/solder and the almighty desoldering copper shoelace)
Do not even think you're the almighty solder man who knows how to do it after just 5 previous solderjobs..

Reason for posting:

I semi-ruined my wii trying to install a d2pro onto the IC. (I bridged two pins using solder and cant get it off with my sucky equipment)..I think I even melted one of the legs(bottom)(is that even possible?)

Anyhow. I just bought 200 euros worth of proper equipment, including a magnifying glass, and will try again once it arrives..

Damn I underestimated this "-_-

I will keep your advice in mind...

I wish I'd read this before I attempted making animal hybrids. Damn CatPig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.