Hacking [Tip] Better success rates in launching exploits

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Small tip I thought maybe useful for some in getting better success rates in launching exploits:

This came from something I read on psx-place.com forums from one of the developers of the new PS3Exploit and figured
the same logic would apply to the PS4.

Simple thing really: set up a bunch of direct links to your hosted index.htmls and on browser open, go to these pages directly
without having anything else open up first.
This minimises the amount of heap space used by the browser and thus makes it more likely for the exploit to succeed.

For example, I've set a bunch of favourites like

http://192.168.0.222/exploits/4.55/hen/index.html
http://192.168.0.222/exploits/4.55/FTP/index.html

and go to these directly via the bookmark menu.
Doing this method instead of going through the main PS4 Brew menu I'm getting much better rate of success (nearly 100%)
compared to probably 50% or so before.

EDIT: I should add I used to go through the Settings/User Guide, but now just go to these links direct from the WWW app.

Last edited by snoofly,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find this basically happens anyway as the PS4 doesn't have a homepage setting and just opens the last page used (which is going to be the HEN index most times).

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find this basically happens anyway as the PS4 doesn't have a homepage setting and just opens the last page used (which is going to be the HEN index most times).
Right, thus my edit just now that maybe my main issue was going via Settings/User guide/Firmware selection etc.. In any case, just wanted to put it out there.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might also make a difference if you self host or not. I know it did for the Wii U but I'm not sure if it's the same type of exploit process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol