Homebrew Question Tinfoil on atmosphere file overwrite

junkimchi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried launching tinfoil after copying /switch/tinfoil contents to my SD card however it gave me an error. Does it have to do with me using hekate to launch the CFW instead of fusee (Atmosphere)?

Tugay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Guys I might be breaking your coder-wars but can I ask something?
If I copy only the Tinfoil.nro from tinfoil latest.zip but nothing else, on 0.9.4, will I be corrupted the atmosphere? Because I don't want to.

I want to use Tinfoil because of that great XCI support but that is just bullshit as it breaks sys-clk and some other great tools I am using and beside these, it changes the behaviour of hbl menu if I copy all the contents of tinfoil latest.zip. And well, that mercury bullshit. I just don't trust it.

Tinfoil just does not open from hbl menu, you must go to Mercury first then blabla I just don't like it. And if I go directly tinfoil from hbl menu, it just crashes. I can't use tinfoil itself.

So if I copy only the tinfoil.nro from tinfoil lates.zip will it be OK or not?

And the other question is I was running just fine the older versions of blawar's tinfoil with just .nro. But yesterday I wanted to try network install with nut and I updated tinfoil to latest version. Now it is not working as it should (eg. I can't install via usb. Network works well but I didn't like it as it is too slow. I just want that good old usb installation but in the latest of tinfoil It does not work as there is no path appears in file transfer section) Where can I find older versions of blawar's Tinfoil or is there anything else that supports also XCI? I wanted to stay on Goldleaf but it is not supporting XCI while Tinfoil is.

Last edited by Tugay,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I might be breaking your coder-wars but can I ask something?
If I copy only the Tinfoil.nro from tinfoil latest.zip but nothing else, on 0.9.4, will I be corrupted the atmosphere? Because I don't want to.

I want to use Tinfoil because of that great XCI support but that is just bullshit as it breaks sys-clk and some other great tools I am using and beside these, it changes the behaviour of hbl menu if I copy all the contents of tinfoil latest.zip. And well, that mercury bullshit. I just don't trust it.

Tinfoil just does not open from hbl menu, you must go to Mercury first then blabla I just don't like it. And if I go directly tinfoil from hbl menu, it just crashes. I can't use tinfoil itself.

So if I copy only the tinfoil.nro from tinfoil lates.zip will it be OK or not?

And the other question is I was running just fine the older versions of blawar's tinfoil with just .nro. But yesterday I wanted to try network install with nut and I updated tinfoil to latest version. Now it is not working as it should (eg. I can't install via usb. Network works well but I didn't like it as it is too slow. I just want that good old usb installation but in the latest of tinfoil It does not work as there is no path appears in file transfer section) Where can I find older versions of blawar's Tinfoil or is there anything else that supports also XCI? I wanted to stay on Goldleaf but it is not supporting XCI while Tinfoil is.

You could do that, but you should at least copy all of the /switch/tinfoil/ directory.

junkimchi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the slight necrobump, but I have now tried multiple reformats of my SDcard and emuMMC and I still get this error when I try to launch Tinfoil. Have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20200103_073528.jpg
    IMG_20200103_073528.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 191

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the slight necrobump, but I have now tried multiple reformats of my SDcard and emuMMC and I still get this error when I try to launch Tinfoil. Have any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Use title override. Don't launch the homebrew launcher using the photo album.

chunkey841

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a question, the guy that put atmosphere on my switch said that cheated automatically update, but the cheats for pokemon, and animal crossings are older, so i have to manually add them to the SD card?
what folder do i add them to

RandomGuyBro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For Atmosphere users, it forcibly modifies Atmosphere's button combinations, removes features, removes security, and forces the use of a different homebrew launcher, all without the user's consent and without informing the user.
Is it still like this nowadays?
Post automatically merged:

For Atmosphere users, it forcibly modifies Atmosphere's button combinations, removes features, removes security, and forces the use of a different homebrew launcher, all without the user's consent and without informing the user.
is it still like this today?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4