Homebrew Question Tinfoil Install Game Cart

bruhreid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Tinfoil made by blawar can install xci files fine, but it won't look like a gamecard. It will just be installed to your SD card and appear the exact same as an nsp. The only way to mount xcis currently is by using SX OS.

Reactions: matias3ds

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Tinfoil made by blawar can install xci files fine, but it won't look like a gamecard. It will just be installed to your SD card and appear the exact same as an nsp. The only way to mount xcis currently is by using SX OS.

it will install game carts.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it will install game carts.
I think he means that it will not look like a real gamecard, it will be scrapped of all certificates and stuff

If it had legit certificates from game cards, the games would run without sigpatches but they do not

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My apologies for the ambiguity. Yes, I'm referring to the certificates from the physical cartridge.
The gamecard certificate gets "lost" when installing an xci because you are converting a physical game to digital format and the original xci cert isn't suitable for digital, installed games in fact installed xcis are installed as standard crypto without tickets or certs. The only way is to emulate the xci as a real game card like sx os. Beware that even TX's xci emulator isn't a complete reimplementation of the gamecard reader in fact if you try to go online, with stealth mode disabled and genuine xci with legit cert the game will freeze because its emulator is missing some "magical" commands used for online authentication

Reactions: braised_beef

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.