Hacking Question Tinfoil error

GrannyTown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello everyone I haven't used my Switch for awhile. But I wanted to get Tinfoil (homebrew) to work, but when I try Tinfoil 0.2.1 my Switch gives me a error and I can only reboot it. When I try the lowest firmware it works. How come the newer version won't work? My Switch is firmware 4.1.0 and I have SX OS 2.0.

Reactions: panckage

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone I haven't used my Switch for awhile. But I wanted to get Tinfoil (homebrew) to work, but when I try Tinfoil 0.2.1 my Switch gives me a error and I can only reboot it. When I try the lowest firmware it works. How come the newer version won't work? My Switch is firmware 4.1.0 and I have SX OS 2.0.

What error does it give you? any particular code??

GrannyTown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
This is what happens when I try to get Tinfoil to install an NSP:

Preparing install...
Failed to install NSP!
GetEntrypoint:68: Failed to get entry count. Error Code: 0x0000f601
Done!

If I wait for 10 sec or so. My Switch will crash and give me error code: 2011-0301
An Error has occurred.
Please press the POWER Button and restart the console...

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is what happens when I try to get Tinfoil to install an NSP:

Preparing install...
Failed to install NSP!
GetEntrypoint:68: Failed to get entry count. Error Code: 0x0000f601
Done!

If I wait for 10 sec or so. My Switch will crash and give me error code: 2011-0301
An Error has occurred.
Please press the POWER Button and restart the console...

How much space do you have on your SD card?
Also try the latest version of tinfoil from HERE

I haven't seen the error code 2011-0301 before, and I've only seen f601 once before, so I'm real interested in getting to the bottom of it :)

GrannyTown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have a SanDisk Ultra 400GB formated to exFAT, and I only have one NSP file, and no games on it, just to make sure I had space.
I tried downloading the latest build "tinfoil-32cdc0b" from the link you provided, and when I load that through Homebrew, it crashes as soon as I try to open it.
Error code: 2234-0095
An error has occurred.

I have tried formating my Micro SD Card through my Mac and Switch, and I have installed Tinfoil through my SD card reader on Mac, and on Windows through FTP (FileZilla).
I also used the method to get exFAT support on my Switch without updating, with the first SD Card I had, not sure if I need to do it again, when I changed SD Card, I guess not since, my Switch can read my new SD Card.

Thanks for helping me :)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a SanDisk Ultra 400GB formated to exFAT, and I only have one NSP file, and no games on it, just to make sure I had space.
I tried downloading the latest build "tinfoil-32cdc0b" from the link you provided, and when I load that through Homebrew, it crashes as soon as I try to open it.
Error code: 2234-0095
An error has occurred.

I have tried formating my Micro SD Card through my Mac and Switch, and I have installed Tinfoil through my SD card reader on Mac, and on Windows through FTP (FileZilla).
I also used the method to get exFAT support on my Switch without updating, with the first SD Card I had, not sure if I need to do it again, when I changed SD Card, I guess not since, my Switch can read my new SD Card.

Thanks for helping me :)

Did you have an old/smaller sd card laying around you could test with?

Also by the exfat support without updating do you mean you used choidujoirNX (switch app) or the original choidujour. (Pc)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ to get exFAT support.

I just tried with my older SD Card 128GB which uses a older version of Tinfoil, and that used to work. But now it wont either, it loads up fine, but when I select install NSP it crashes with error code: 2011-0301, an error has occurred.

Okay thats the old method of getting exfat support. Try the old card and the new version of tinfoil? Also do you mind doing h2testw on the cards to make sure they are okay?

GrannyTown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes it's been awhile since I last used my Switch. I just did a factory reset, and formated my SD Card again, this time on Windows.
Tried the newest version of Tinfoil, but it still crashes.
I also tried the older SD Card with the newest version, and as soon as click on the Tinfoil app, it gives me error code: 2234-0095 an error has occurred.

I am right now trying the h2testw on my new SD Card with no errors so far.

Also side note, when I launch Homebrew now, it loads for 2 sec and then crashes with error code: 2011-0301 an error has occurred.

Last edited by GrannyTown,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes it's been awhile since I last used my Switch. I just did a factory reset, and formated my SD Card again, this time on Windows.
Tried the newest version of Tinfoil, but it still crashes.
I also tried the older SD Card with the newest version, and as soon as click on the Tinfoil app, it gives me error code: 2234-0095 an error has occurred.

I am right now trying the h2testw on my new SD Card with no errors so far.

Also side note, when I launch Homebrew now, it loads for 2 sec and then crashes with error code: 2011-0301 an error has occurred.

Out of curiosity can you try with reinx?

GrannyTown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Alright so I just downloaded SDFilesV904 from github, and Reinx works fine, I could open Homebrew without crashes. I installed the newest version of Tinfoil but it crashes with error code: 2234-0095 an error has occurred.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE:
So I now used the Tinfoil that came with the SDFilesV904 and it works, I installed a NSP game, and it plays fine. I don't know what I am missing or doing wrong with SX OS, because it used to work, but now it wont.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright so I just downloaded SDFilesV904 from github, and Reinx works fine, I could open Homebrew without crashes. I installed the newest version of Tinfoil but it crashes with error code: 2234-0095 an error has occurred.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE:
So I now used the Tinfoil that came with the SDFilesV904 and it works, I installed a NSP game, and it plays fine. I don't know what I am missing or doing wrong with SX OS, because it used to work, but now it wont.

Okay, that's interesting, I assume it is just something with SXOS not liking tinfoil. glad we found a work round, but I'm confused as to why it didnt work, might be worth checking out some of the sxos forums

GrannyTown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it :)
I haven't checked so much on SX OS forums, as I should have had maybe :rofl: Not sure why I won't work anymore though.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Tinfoil giving me error code 2234-0095. Used the version from SD Setup + RajNX. Haven't been able to get it working yet.

EDIT: Old version of Tinfoil seems to be working. Not new one.

Last edited by Bullseye,
Reactions: GrannyTown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things