Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone :) Happy new year

I am using the tinfoil 0.2.1 from this video description:

Reinx 2.0 on Firmware 6.2.

Recreate steps:

Album > Tinfoil > Title management > Install NSP > screen that comes in slowly pixel by pixel with below error message

An error occurred:
basic-string::compare: __pos (which is 18446744073709551615) > this->size() (which is 3)
Press any button to exit

Anyone have any ideas what the heck could be going on here?
Haved searched here, discord, and everywhere in between with no luck. Saw it asked on /vg/ with no answer, so was wondering if anyone could shed some light?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by kmcc,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're choosing the wrong option it's supposed to be album > tinfoil > title management > usb install NSP

That video is for installing via usb only are you connecting a usb c cable from your switch to your pc and have you installed the drivers?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you're going to do usb install I actually recommend this video it's esier because it doesn't require python.

Last edited by ,

kmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're choosing the wrong option it's supposed to be album > tinfoil > title management > usb install NSP

That video is for installing via usb only are you connecting a usb c cable from your switch to your pc and have you installed the drivers?

If you're going to do usb install I actually recommend this video it's esier because it doesn't require python.

Using install from USB or NSP yields the same results :/

kmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the aluminum foil video I added. Get the files on youtube below the video, start over.
Okay will update, thanks

Try the aluminum foil video I added. Get the files on youtube below the video, start over.
Update, still no cigar :sad: any ideas what next steps I can take? Getting error code 2168-0002 now :wacko:

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you put the nsp in a folder named NSP and right? and copied the link to the folder on Aluminimum Foil after clicking on the exe?

kmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you put the nsp in a folder named NSP and right? and copied the link to the folder on Aluminimum Foil after clicking on the exe?
No I don't think we are on the same page. I am not even able to open tinfoil now. I am getting a Nintendo switch system error code 2168-0002, not a tinfoil error

kmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, USB FIXED!!!! 99% issue solved as well when installing from USB. Apparently the newest builds from https://bsnx.lavatech.top/tinfoil/ dont work, so I was advised to use the 883e build, which worked for USB with aluminum foil flawlessly. Sd card nsp installs still dont work but idrc since usb is way more convenient with a fat32 card.

Thanks all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: