granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timetravelerslogo.jpg
At long last, the new Level 5 game teased many months ago has been unveiled. Time Travelers is the name. It is a new game developed by Level 5. The system it is being made for is none other than the Nintendo 3DS. It is described as a "suspense" game, and it will be Level 5's first foray into the genre. And faithful to the title, it seems to have time travel elements mixed in. No word what that entails though. Assuming this trailer is what the gameplay will look like, the game appears to be using high quality 3D models with some very nice lighting and animation. Extremely fluid and smooth as well. It's pretty impressive and seems to take advantage of some of the effects in the 3DS' GPU. Not that this should come as any surprise though, considering Level 5's history of pushing the systems they release games for. [/p]
Direct feed trailer-
Some direct feed screenshots can be found below-
timetravelers1.jpg

timetravelers4.jpg

timetravelers3.jpg

timetravelers2.jpg
Time Travelers looks like it'll be pretty creepy. No word on the style of gameplay though. And no release date either. I would suspect the 3DS to release far before Time Travelers comes out. Hopefully more information will be shown soon, including some gameplay footage. At any rate, another Level 5 game, they're really throwing their full support behind the 3DS!

icon11.gif
Source

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm very interested in this, and it somehow makes me think about Time Hollow for the DS... But it feels like this will be even better and mysterious!
smile.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear level 5
Make HD remakes of dark cloud 1&2
anything you make until then is crap
Love some random guy​

although ....the professor Layton series is pretty awesome....and this looks pretty cool.....damnit i just want a dark cloud remake

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would much rather have new games over remakes. Overdoing the remakes is a sign of lack of creativity. Level 5 is a great company and i'd hate to see them fall into the "remake everything once a year" like Square Enix did.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree that too many remakes are a bad thing
Dark cloud 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and it is very inaccessible these days
Ps3's aren't backwards compatible, and most ps2's don't work anymore due to that stupid laser issue
even worse is the rarity of working copy's of the game, I have 3 copy's and none work anymore

I unfortunately haven't been able to play it in a few years so I kinda miss it....I just want a way to play it on my ps3
(I don't really want a remake per say...more of a port like they did with the sly cooper series)

sorry for getting off topic

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Eclipse said:
Actually, i have been clueless about this game till now so i have to ask.
Is there any other info available on this game? Or is this the first bit we got?
The first real information was released today. Prior to this, all we had was the title and some concept art. No system, no details. You know about all we know now.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
Dear level 5
Make HD remakes of dark cloud 1&2
anything you make until then is crap
Love some random guy​

although ....the professor Layton series is pretty awesome....and this looks pretty cool.....damnit i just want a dark cloud remake
What wouldn't I give for Dark Cloud!!! I love those 2 games

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Eclipse said:
Actually, i have been clueless about this game till now so i have to ask.
Is there any other info available on this game? Or is this the first bit we got?

There's only ever been a wide shot of the girl on top of the clock tower, overlooking a ruined city, with the Time Travelers game title. It has been on their home page for a while. All other stats, date of release, platform, genre type, etc, were only revealed today.

http://www.level5.co.jp/products/timetravelers/index.html

Even the current home page lists everything as TBD. Though the girl and the clock tower make an appearance here as they do in the 2nd part of the video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-