Hacking time in mp3s

Mawile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i have an mp3 file (not really an audiobook, but that doesn't matter.)
it is quiet big (more than an hour) and i want to open it in a position, i know (in hours, minutes and seconds from the start, or at lest in percents)
i tried moonshell, dsorganise (not the last versions though) and internal DSX audioplayer, they show the progressbar and i can choose position with my stylus, but i can't say exactly, where am i...
could you please tell me, if there is some app for NDS (and its version), that shows exact position in an audio file, which i can memorize and open later?...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Whizz, that's true... But in some cases I think it'd be neat to have some sort of book mark, so you can say right HERE, i wanna continue, even if you play another mp3 in between....

leetcakes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bahrain
I think, the DSMplay has a very accurate progress bar, it can play mp3s but not DPG. made by infantile. it has a way more accurate progress bar like every row pixel is can be targeted. install it like moonshell, then in the DSMplay folder, theres a config file, go in, theres a useMP3=0
change the 0 to 1, if not u cannot see the mp3

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I thought moonshell had bookmarks?

Maybe it has
tongue.gif
i don't really know.
I have a M3 Simply, and I don't know enough on moonshell and such things to know what the hell I have
biggrin.gif

Mawile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I think, the DSMplay has a very accurate progress bar, it can play mp3s but not DPG. made by infantile.  it has a way more accurate progress bar like every row pixel is can be targeted. install it like moonshell, then in the DSMplay folder, theres a config file, go in, theres a useMP3=0
change the 0 to 1, if not u cannot see the mp3

accurate progress bar won't tell me, where is the 1 hour and 34 minutes in this file. and it won't even tell me where is 38% (just random numbers), if i don't have ruler with me=)
in theory i can wait for the moment i need, but it is not very good in my case, because i don't really know, what is that moment about... all i have is shortcuts...

QUOTE(Linkiboy @ Jan 6 2008, 11:44 PM)I thought moonshell had bookmarks?
i haven't found any bookmarks for audio files in moonshell. would be gratefull if you help me find it.

P.S. it is not an audiobook.. i just need to choose time in big mp3's accurately to minutes...
and there are plenty of them to split them into even more...

really surprised, i can't do such a simple thing with my DS:( i'm afraid, i'll have to look for some hardware mp3 player...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest LMP-ng alpha version shows you the time elapsed and total time, but beware that it only works for files encoded with a constant bitrate. If you use one with a variable bitrate, it will skip around all over the place while it's playing.

EDIT: to clarify, I mean that the timer will skip around all over the place. The mp3 file itself will still play normally.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
It amazes me that there isn't an MP3 player for the DS that can handle bookmarks - it seems to me to be a really useful feature. I have emailed Dragonminded through his feedback system in the vain hope that he would add it to DSO but it hasn't happened yet!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell used to have a feature that would automatically record the position of the mp3 you were last playing every 5 seconds and resume from that point the next time you played it, but this was either removed or disabled by default after people got worried that it would wear out their media cards.

Mawile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The latest LMP-ng alpha version shows you the time elapsed and total time, but beware that it only works for files encoded with a constant bitrate. If you use one with a variable bitrate, it will skip around all over the place while it's playing.

EDIT: to clarify, I mean that the timer will skip around all over the place. The mp3 file itself will still play normally.
that would be cool... any idea, how to make it work?... it shows black upper screen and blue lower sreen and nothing else%)
i have dldi-patched it... there are some rar archives with skins in the package and no readme... should i put them somewhere?...

Mawile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Moonshell used to have a feature that would automatically record the position of the mp3 you were last playing every 5 seconds and resume from that point the next time you played it, but this was either removed or disabled by default after people got worried that it would wear out their media cards.
i don't really need a bookmark.
i just want the time to be shown on the screen...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be cool... any idea, how to make it work?... it shows black upper screen and blue lower sreen and nothing else%)
i have dldi-patched it... there are some rar archives with skins in the package and no readme... should i put them somewhere?...
Create a "lmp-ng" folder on the root of your card. Create a "skins" folder inside that. Inside the skins folder, place at least one skin. Leave them in *.zip format; do not unzip them.

Mawile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Create a "lmp-ng" folder on the root of your card. Create a "skins" folder inside that. Inside the skins folder, place at least one skin. Leave them in *.zip format; do not unzip them.
thanks alot... but...
now i can see an ipod looking like skin and no buttons (including those on touch screen) work...
frown.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it can't read your filesystem correctly. Either patch with DLDI or check your card for corruption. I had an issue once where it froze at that point due to the card being corrupted.

You can do this by going to My Computer, right-clicking the drive, clicking Properties, going to the Tools tab, clicking Check Now, checking the first checkbox, and letting it run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.