OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just read a canadian article that had factor 5 comparing sony's tilt controller to the wii's remote, and they actually said that in the game lair the controller was used in a way that would be exactly the same is if it was on the wii
unsure.gif
. While i don't know about it being all the same i can say that nintendo didn't reveal everything about their system at first, because they knew a company like sony would just try to copy their ideas.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
in my opinion that cant be possible, the PS3 controller isnt the exact same thing has the Wiimote.
the tilt feature in PS3 controller is cool for flight simulators for example... you tilt the plane, and stuff like that, while controlling the plane with the analog.

White the Wiimote you could "dive" the controller do go down, and etc..

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that is is Factor 5 saying what Sony wants them to say to try and diffuse the copycat weakness of their pad. Anyone who has touched it can instantly feel the difference.

The PS3 pad is the 1990s sensor GBC Kirby's Tilt 'N Tumble uses which just takes 6 straight ranges of motion. The Wii though in the X,Y, and Z axis can tilt in any conceivable directional while at the same time also due to the pointer judge distance, direction, angle, and more.

Ignore it, it's just pre-launch propaganda crap to try and sway a few sales.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sway sales in what direction? "The PS3 controller has less than 5% of the freedom of motion the Wiimote has, but within those 5%, it behaves just like the Wiimote! Only it costs $350 more!"

I laugh at Sony's marketing team. LOL

Refeniz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ps3's motion detection is on ONE axis

the Wii has 6, up and down, left and right, away from you and closer to you, tilting, twisting, and all inbetween
wink.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't believe everything you read. I can wait to see Sony's version of Wii Sports, if the controller is the same...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't believe everything you read. I can wait to see Sony's version of Wii Sports, if the controller is the same...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

blackeromegalon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I think the Wii can measure acceleration (it supposedly has an accelorameter), which is why it can sense stuff like a stabbing motion.
I'm not sure the PS3's Sixaxis controller can measure acceleration, I think it's limited to tilt.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not sure the PS3's Sixaxis controller can measure acceleration, I think it's limited to tilt.
AFAIK the Suxasses DOES measure acceleration, which means that it can detect your movements...but it's still not as advanced as the Wiimote...
just look at the control scheme for Virtua Tennis 4
ph34r.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
The PS3 is just a tilt sensor, whereas Wii has a fully developed motion pointer, which means you couldn't exactly use the SIXAXIS as a gun in a first person shooter like you would with Wii.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The PS3 is just a tilt sensor, whereas Wii has a fully developed motion pointer, which means you couldn't exactly use the SIXAXIS as a gun in a first person shooter like you would with Wii.
Yeah, it can detect tilt, but only in relation to the controller, not in relation to the TV.

The Wiimote can detect its own position related to the TV, i.e., the action. Full 3D orientation and position detection FTW!!!
bow.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To even put the Wii Remote into the same category as "copycat" (thanks VHD) PS3 controller (i.e., calling it a tilt controller) is an insult! Obviously the Wii remote is more advanced, detecting it's spatial position, movement, acceleration, etc.

Topic closed for being ridiculous.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.