Homebrew TikShop VS FreeShop

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, I have been using FreeShop for about a month and haven't been banned as they say its unlikely and no ones really been banned yet. Especially as long as you aren't stupid and play games before they release or cheat online. But I was looking at TikShop just because today I have to transfer everything to a new 3DS and I'll need to get my tik's back. Should I use TikSweeper after? I don't plan on using the eShop for downloads, but honestly it might be good for certain things too if I ever wanted to just sleep my console and download a game as freeshop can't... I guess my question is, should I waste time w/ TikShop & TikSweeper is it as safe as freeshop. I don't need 1200 tik's installed I only have like 20-30 games.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, I have been using FreeShop for about a month and haven't been banned as they say its unlikely and no ones really been banned yet. Especially as long as you aren't stupid and play games before they release or cheat online. But I was looking at TikShop just because today I have to transfer everything to a new 3DS and I'll need to get my tik's back. Should I use TikSweeper after? I don't plan on using the eShop for downloads, but honestly it might be good for certain things too if I ever wanted to just sleep my console and download a game as freeshop can't... I guess my question is, should I waste time w/ TikShop & TikSweeper is it as safe as freeshop. I don't need 1200 tik's installed I only have like 20-30 games.
It's up to you really... I'd keep em

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's up to you really... I'd keep em
like I don't mind using FreeShop, the only reason I want to use tikshop is so I don't have to redownload 30 games and reinject my saves.... if the keys are the same in freeshop and tikshop... I just wanna use tikshop to get the keys back, remove the unused crap, and go back to freeshop I guess. Unless TikShop is "safe", as freeshop

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looking for feedback on what people use, are people using TikShop or freeshop :), whats safer blah blah blah, I have a 128GB sd card. I could easily install all TIKs and be happy then I could sleep console on downloads etc, and play games while downloading which would be great honestly. Just looking for feedback on whats "safe"

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just looking for feedback on what people use, are people using TikShop or freeshop :), whats safer blah blah blah, I have a 128GB sd card. I could easily install all TIKs and be happy then I could sleep console on downloads etc, and play games while downloading which would be great honestly. Just looking for feedback on whats "safe"
All of them.
They are all basically the same thing and all basically function the same way. Just different methods of doing the same thing. They are all safe as well

Reactions: jmhannz

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of them.
They are all basically the same thing and all basically function the same way. Just different methods of doing the same thing. They are all safe as well
Last dumb question, how much space gets wasted probably installing every single TIK file, and is this something we need to keep running as new games come out? TikShop

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last dumb question, how much space gets wasted probably installing every single TIK file, and is this something we need to keep running as new games come out? TikShop
Depends completely on the game itself. The actually tik file is like a few KBs

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And do people run TIKshop like once a month to get updates for new TIKs?
That's completely up to you how often you run it. I actually update all of my programs (CIAngel, freeShop, FBI, etc.) every Friday night to keep them up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn