Hacking TIKDevil, an on-console mass ticket downloader

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That could be a possability, and would make the most sense. But I still had issues downloading smash, as it failed at 99%. So there still is an issue.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the ticket, if download still fails, some troll uploaded a bad key to Big Database!

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit new to this whole "ticket" thing, so sorry in advanced if this is too newbie for those professional eyes.
Once I have downloaded what I can with this app, how do I install the tickets? Also is DLC contained within these tickets? Do I need to place the wings.json file in the TIKDevil directory like with CIAngel?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Once I have downloaded what I can with this app, how do I install the tickets?
Open FBI 2.0.5+, select the "SD" option, enter the folder with the tickets, then press Y and "install all tickets" (you can also select individual ones with A instead, but if you only want some tickets there are more appropriate tools than TIKDevil)
Since FBI 2.1.0, you can also run the dowload directly from FBI. The advantage compared to eShop is support for foreign and delisted titles, the disadvantage is not downloading a seed for 9.6+ software.
Also is DLC contained within these tickets?
Yes, but like cia installation, they may be removed when the eShop is accessed (in-app or via the full software)!
Do I need to place the wings.json file in the TIKDevil directory like with CIAngel?
No, wings.json is a format used by CIAngel that includes title names for searchability; since the current version TIKDevil is strictly aimed at mass ticket generation, it just uses enctitlekeys.bin!

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open FBI 2.0.5+, select the "SD" option, enter the folder with the tickets, then press Y and "install all tickets" (you can also select individual ones with A instead, but if you only want some tickets there are more appropriate tools than TIKDevil)
Since FBI 2.1.0, you can also run the dowload directly from FBI. The advantage compared to eShop is support for foreign and delisted titles, the disadvantage is not downloading a seed for 9.6+ software.

Yes, but like cia installation, they may be removed when the eShop is accessed (in-app or via the full software)!

No, wings.json is a format used by CIAngel that includes title names for searchability; since the current version TIKDevil is strictly aimed at mass ticket generation, it just uses enctitlekeys.bin!
You have been EXTREMELY helpful :) Thank you

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Version 0.2 available!

This is mainly a convenience update, featuring:
  • No need to keep around .tik files for incremental downloading, as the tickets actually installed are read directly from ticket.db;
  • Direct ticket installing, without the need of using FBI2 or another ticket manager;
  • Full download up to 5x as faster!

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of titles are still missing from that site. What's up with that? Did people stop updating it?

Maybe you could add a single title option. It takes a long time to parse the whole table if all you need is the one new one that was just added.

Anyone know how to make StretchMo work?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou