Ticket vs CIA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by democracy, Apr 26, 2016.

1. democracy
    OP

democracy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Curious to know which is better and why and who is using what.

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    they have A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT USE, tickets, allows you to download in-region, CIAS from eshop, while the cias, well. you just need to install them

Xenon Hacks and democracy like this.
  3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    For me, I am going to stay away from using tickets to download from the eShop as Nintendo could go as far as to ban people from the eShop or to go as far as taking legal action against anyone downloading games for free directly from them.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i do believe nintendo could update their eshop so that redownlading will be a server side check.
    but if they do that, we can still build cias and install normally, so it wouldn't be a problem. (to fix us building cias, they would have to stop us from downloading from cdn, that would be a big problem to fix i believe, maybe not possible? nintendo, sony, both we can access the content from the internet if we have the right link)

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yeah, I prefer downloading the cia directly (from a computer, mainly for performance reasons) then, if they don't have download play, cryptofix them so that I will have a 100% accurate (ok, except console id lol) but won't need Nintendo servers anymore!

democracy, SomeGamer and cearp like this.
  6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    I have a few CIAs that don't have Download Play, what fix do I need to apply?

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I don't think you can cryptofix a cia and still have download play working on an unmodified console: maybe with the third option in D9, formerly "cia decryptor - gateway"?

----

oh lol misread the question, if you have 9.6+ games without DLP, get the seed (from plaicdn or eshop page + update seeddb), copy the cia to /D9Game/ on your SD, then in decrypt9 select "cia decryptor - full" :)

Last edited by Ryccardo, Apr 26, 2016
  8. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    I mostly prefer CIA installation because it's much faster than using the eShop. even if I'd buy something from it, I would then get a CIA of it with ticket.db or whatever and install that.

CIAs are easily re-usable across multiple consoles quickly. that's good for me. :)

zoogie, democracy and Ryccardo like this.
  9. democracy
    OP

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Is there any benefit from having a somewhat more legit title from key over a .3ds converted to .CIA I wonder?

10. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    well, the benefit of having a real eshop dumped version of the game is that it's redownloadable, you get the real key, etc...
    but the benefits of using the .3ds to cia conversion is that someone doesn't have to buy the game on eshop, we can just use physical dumps, where ever they come from. - it's just easier

11. democracy
    OP

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Thank you all :)

12. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    but the converted files don't have the manual or got?
    i only downloaded so far 1 cia most likely converted, doesn't have the manual :(

13. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Simple 3DS to CIA 4.3 definitely keeps the manual and download play remote app, but the dump must include them! (My Xenoblade conversion with Uncart has it)

14. naivegirl2411

naivegirl2411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2015
    Noob here... Why wouldnt nintendo be able to identify someone installing cias compared to someone using tickets? AFAIK every time you log on to eshop you lose games/dlc installed thats not a legit cia so wouldnt they be able to tell? Also wouldnt tickets be better then because the risk would be the same but since youre downloading directly from their servers you wont have to worry so much over whats being installed?

15. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    All the valid cia creation tools (everything except .3ds ports) download from Nintendo anyway.

It's possible for them to check, but they don't really care (and with enough effort we could patch the check, not that it matters as you can un-console-ban yourself by editing SecureInfo_A)

naivegirl2411 likes this.
  16. ZacharyAlkaff

ZacharyAlkaff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    Man thinking about it I don't think I want to get anal by Nintendo for using ticket to install from eshop. But still there is no proof that Nintendo will ban you for installing tickets.

17. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    CIAs are better if you go through the trouble to get them.

18. Redirr

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Is there a way to install the ticket like it was a "game" but its just ticket then just copy the folder game (like "00032d00' 1.59Gib) from another installed console?

So a game copying here its about 15mbs upto 18mbs and its fast, but installing same game take forever.
    So if there its a .cia that only install the validation and so i copy files from pc.

maybe possible?

19. Inochi.no.Zenmai

Inochi.no.Zenmai GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Is there any more "danger" using a .cia converted from a .3ds dump than installing a ticket?

20. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    You do not have the entire 3DS games catalog in the eshop!