5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay or nay?

It would be convenient for those who agree or disagree with a post but he/she is too tired/lazy/busy to type out a reply(and those who read but don't post), so that's where Thumbs Up Thumbs Down(or anything else you can come up with i.e. Star Rating) comes into play but what's more important is it hard to implement? Everyone can get involved in discussions easily this way too
yay.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
for me, i guess a nay.

Since there are noobs/fags out there, no offense to the newbs and other guys, and let's just say in a huge community, i can foresee a lot of guys choosing whatever they want to, rendering the system pointless.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nay.

Open to abuse from dickhead members who can't take it when people have opinions. I've seen it on other forums.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Unless it was just a Thumbs Up like +rep system, nay.
But still then it can cause big-headedness and people saying +rep me all the time.

lol. Nay my own idea.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry 5% i feel like a dick saying nay. But these reasons are all very good. While there are good implications to having a "thumbs up thumbs down" system, there are just too many negative problems that we as a community would have. I do give you a thumbs up for bringing it into the light though.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it would be just as useless and abused as the game ratings on releases. Not worth the effort to add it.

5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The community has spoken! Thank you all for the great input
mthrnitesmiley.gif
+1 to all lol

TDWP FTW said:
This is exactly what I was thinking. It's like YouTube, where you sometimes see 1000+ thumbs up for one comment on a video.

Lol I've seen some as high as 5000 & I can't help but wonder HOW long it must have took to get to that number & if it's legit

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Mar 31 2010, 07:34 AM) We've already got a method for voting on how good things are

'+1' or '-1'

+1

I'll start executing this practice more often
rofl2.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
Nay.

Open to abuse from dickhead members who can't take it when people have opinions. I've seen it on other forums.
This pretty much. Go look at youtube if you want to see how well this system works (it doesn't). Every time you look at comments on a video, you have some random opinion that isn't harming anyone (just a respectful one that says they dislike something), and the dude has like 10 thumbs downs for no reason other than the fact that someone is expressing a respectful opinion. After you get a certain thumbs down there, your opinion is actually removed as a sort of "community moderation". Any dick can just thumbs down you for no reason other than liking or disliking something they like or dislike. If enough of them do so, your comment will be removed. For no reason other than retarded-ness.

It's useless, this is a gaming community forum. If you have an opinion you want to express, do so. But thumbs down is no more than an auto trolling machine. If you want to express an opinion, do it by typing out your message. If you're so lazy that you have to have a button to do it for you, your opinion is sadly probably not worth the time and you shouldn't express it at all. No offense meant, but if what you had to say was so important, you would type it out and give reasons for it. A thumbs up/down system is no better than one-word posting, which is in itself, against the rules and considered worthless spam. Again, if your opinion is worth hearing, you would post it. If you're too lazy to post it, you probably don't care much anyways, and shouldn't even be posting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol