1. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi folks!

Yesterday two friends of mine came to the house and we tried to play a GameCube backup (installed from Wii U USB Helper) with 3 controllers.
    One of them was the Wii U Gamepad and the other two were Dualshock 4 (first generation) connected via USB with HID to VPAD.

Anyway, I have never had any problems playing with 2 controllers (Wii U Gamepad and Dualshock 4) before but this time with 3 controllers, the third one just wasn’t recognized by the game.
    I connected the two Dualshock 4s using HID to VPAD by emulating a Wii U Pro controller on Slot 1 and 2 (later tried Slot 2 and 3 but it didn’t make a difference).
    Am I missing something as to why it doesn’t work? Can you even play GameCube backups with more than 2 players in the first place?

Side note: The game was Mario Party 7. Also, playing with 3 controllers works perfectly fine on Wii U games, it’s only the GameCube games where the third controller doesn’t work.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

2. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

United States
    I'm 99.99% sure that HID to VPAD does absolutely nothing in GameCube/Wii Mode. It only works in Wii U mode, so setting up controllers before booting into a GameCube/Wii game is pointless.

If your DualShock controller worked in the first place, it means Nintendont has built-in support for it. But it sounds like this is an issue with Nintendont not supporting more than one DS4 controller at a time. You might want to report it to the GitHub tracker (not that it will make a difference, as FIX94 seems to be ignoring issues as of late...)

3. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Wow thank you very much, I didn't know that. It will definitely save me a lot of time from now on. :)
    Are DS3 controllers supported on Nintendont by the way? I have two DS3 laying around so I might try with those someday.

4. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

United States
    You're welcome!

They should be. If you look at the controller configurations in Nintendont's files, you will see configurations for Dualshock 2, 3, and 4 controllers. But third-party controllers don't always work, so keep that in mind.

ThePSGuy likes this.
  5. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There is a setting in Nintendon’t that specifies the amount of players. You probably have it set at two.

6. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Where can I change that? Is it in some kind of .ini file or something?

7. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It’s been a year or so since I’ve used Nintendont. I’ll look it up and get back to you.

ThePSGuy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controllers, GameCube, backups