Thoughts on my band's cover?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by matt382, Mar 4, 2012.

Mar 4, 2012

Thoughts on my band's cover? by matt382 at 8:32 PM (499 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. matt382
    OP

Member matt382 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My band recorded a cover of the song Another Brick in the Wall Pt II last night, and I've just finished the mix tonight.
    Just wondering if I could get some honest thoughts and feedback of it. We're called Blue Recluse :)

http://www.reverbnat...bluerecluseband

2. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    Honestly , the guitars were quite good , the effects used very close to the floyds , i would say the vocals were slightly too well spoken , needs a bit more grit in the vocals , and the harmonies (without wanting to sound like simon cowel ) could do with tightening , all in all pretty good m8.. good choice in music to cover :)

3. matt382
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks. And yeah I agree with you on the vocals. We recorded at the lead guitarist's house, who has pet Guinea pigs - which I'm allergic to which made me struggle for breath and control. And the harmonies I think we will record again, maybe get more people in for a bigger sound.

4. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    no probs , you guys young ?

5. matt382
    OP

United Kingdom
  6. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    peeerty good if you ask me.

7. BloodWolfJW

Member BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    As a Pink Floyd fan, I'll be a real critique here. The guitars were good. The drums were a little overpowering all the way through. The lyrics were TO clear. Pink Floyd has always had this slurred sort of sound, especially with the lyrics. The parts were it sounded like a few people were singing, I felt it was less than...good. Whoever nailed that solo deserves a medal.

Take it from the man (I'm 15...) wearing his Division Bell Tour 1994 T-Shirt. Solid B. I'm guessing your 16 at the most. Most cover bands suck. Take it from me. There are some AWFUL ones. the Blue Recluse is one of the better ones I've heard. I would love to here "Us and Them" next.

Keep rocking! Good Luck!

Final Grade: B - 85%

EDIT: I didn't read the other responses till now, but it seems the only thing you guys really need to work on is the vocals. To clear, more slurr, more grit, and you'll be fine.

Remember, you'll never be as good as the floyd though. Don't let it get you down. :D