Thoughts on my band's cover?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Honestly , the guitars were quite good , the effects used very close to the floyds , i would say the vocals were slightly too well spoken , needs a bit more grit in the vocals , and the harmonies (without wanting to sound like simon cowel ) could do with tightening , all in all pretty good m8.. good choice in music to cover :)

matt382

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly , the guitars were quite good , the effects used very close to the floyds , i would say the vocals were slightly too well spoken , needs a bit more grit in the vocals , and the harmonies (without wanting to sound like simon cowel ) could do with tightening , all in all pretty good m8.. good choice in music to cover :)

Thanks. And yeah I agree with you on the vocals. We recorded at the lead guitarist's house, who has pet Guinea pigs - which I'm allergic to which made me struggle for breath and control. And the harmonies I think we will record again, maybe get more people in for a bigger sound.

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a Pink Floyd fan, I'll be a real critique here. The guitars were good. The drums were a little overpowering all the way through. The lyrics were TO clear. Pink Floyd has always had this slurred sort of sound, especially with the lyrics. The parts were it sounded like a few people were singing, I felt it was less than...good. Whoever nailed that solo deserves a medal.

Take it from the man (I'm 15...) wearing his Division Bell Tour 1994 T-Shirt. Solid B. I'm guessing your 16 at the most. Most cover bands suck. Take it from me. There are some AWFUL ones. the Blue Recluse is one of the better ones I've heard. I would love to here "Us and Them" next.

Keep rocking! Good Luck!

Final Grade: B - 85%

EDIT: I didn't read the other responses till now, but it seems the only thing you guys really need to work on is the vocals. To clear, more slurr, more grit, and you'll be fine.

Remember, you'll never be as good as the floyd though. Don't let it get you down. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1