This would be friggin' amazing!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by R4Liam, Dec 5, 2011.

Dec 5, 2011
  1. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    Can someone make a DS homebrew verison of this Flash game. Think about it, it's perfectly made for a DS!

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/hello-worlds/

2. bradzx

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Wow...not bad for this game.

1 person likes this.
  3. LeRodeur

Member LeRodeur GBAtemp Regular

France
    Easily coded but it would need to copy all the worlds or make new, if you really want it on ds i can code but you will have to make all the levels. Though i'd prefer to work on my current project

4. Schmendrick

Newcomer Schmendrick Advanced Member

Netherlands
    It's a nice little game, but I don't think it'd work that well on DS. I was rather excited about the possibility when there were two worlds on the screen at once, since that would be perfect for the device. However, in later stages there's 3 and even 4 different worlds simultaneously, which just wouldn't work on the DS' tiny screen. I'm afraid you'd need a resolution at least twice that of the DS to be able to play this game properly.

5. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    Nice game......... hipe someone will do it. Maybe we can expect this for the homebrew bounty. :P

What are you working on ATM ?

As if SMB shows the whole level on the screen.

6. Schmendrick

Newcomer Schmendrick Advanced Member

Netherlands
    No, it doesn't; but SMB is more action-oriented than Hello Worlds. SMB is about reflexes, where HW is about planning your way around the level. Dividing the screen into 4 wouldn't leave you with much screen space for each world, so you'd need some way to work around this.
    Downscaling the graphics would bring you a long way. But I do think that seeing the entire level in one screen is a major part of this game, and as the graphics are already fairly small (and pixel based), downscaling wouldn't leave you with anything recognizable.
    Another option is to only use either screen for up to 2 worlds each. Though it would mess with your aspect ratio, I think this might work.

Anyway, I didn't mean to say it's impossible or to discourage anyone from trying, my only point was that it's not as easy as it might look at first, and that you will have to compromise in some way or other.

7. LeRodeur

Member LeRodeur GBAtemp Regular

France
    Well always on the same project, on the diablo2 remake, though i don't have much time those days i should release (well better say i hope) a new version for Christmas