http://basangpanaginip.blogspot.com/2006/0...vector-art.html

Wow!

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif
What these ppl can create is just unbelievable. It's like being God! I really need to get into the CG world.

BTW they're awesome.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno. They are pretty crazy and there is no doubt alot of work involved. But I just do not see the point, or creativity in doing this. They just take a photo, and trace and recreate it in a way that just makes something that looks exactly like the photo...

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I can appreciate the effort that goes into this but i dont like them one bit. After all the time it takes in illustrator to make this the end result is almost the same as the original photograph. I dont see the point in it either.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holy fudge cakes! As a college student majoring in computer graphics, I must say that is astounding. My upcoming class will require me to recreate a comic book cover in Macromedia Freehand (I know, it stinks, and they've been bought out by Adobe so Illustrator lives on and Freehand doesn't, but that's what we got at college).

EDIT: As for wasting time, I must disagree. Once in vector, you can make the image as large as you want without losing quality. Try that with a raster image. Plus, vector prints nicer, much nicer.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saw this a few weeks back; while the stuff on the site is almost pointless, I think that these are just examples that the artists use to show off how advanced they are. I'm sure that they can apply their skill to more than just copies of photographs, making them quite useful when you want something realistic looking, but totally scaleable. (Although you'd need a beefy PC to scale one of these in under 5 minutes
tongue.gif
)

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand the image...
why is everything in focus? going for the unrealistic look?
Too CGish, but still quite astounding.
Call me when someone makes just as detailed an image with popsicle sticks.

bay0man

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
theyt onyl makeddddd photohrapchs to vectors? coool?? no. i dont think so.. gradient messh.. not cool! make origgynal picture not overdrawered photo

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
theyt onyl makeddddd photohrapchs to vectors? coool?? no. i dont think so.. gradient messh.. not cool! make origgynal picture not overdrawered photo

speak english.

I'm with Jumpman. It's worth it because you can enlarge really big and print out nice and clear. These would be great for billboard size advertisement. Much clearer than a photograph. However it would seem too costly to have an artist commission something like this. Not to mention it would take too much time. You might as well just take a photograph. That's just my two cents....*slips back into a dormant darkness for another couple of months. see ya*

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny