Gaming "This user cannot play this software "

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is very strange indeed... Are you on the latest firmware version? I am not. And I am banned.... And all of my games work fine in SXOS (Unofficially installed.)

... Strange.....

.... Of course unless all games you are trying is Fornite and other online-only games...

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
That is very strange indeed... Are you on the latest firmware version? I am not. And I am banned.... And all of my games work fine in SXOS (Unofficially installed.)

... Strange.....

.... Of course unless all games you are trying is Fornite and other online-only games...
Most likely he synced all of those games to his account and nintendo cdn banned him so his accessed on those games was blocked entirely. Don't know if the only way around this is to nuke the switch clean by initializing then start over from scratch.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely he synced all of those games to his account and nintendo cdn banned him so his accessed on those games was blocked entirely. Don't know if the only way around this is to nuke the switch clean by initializing then start over from scratch.

does it work if you install NEW games?

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a game that.. .DIDN'T come out a few days ago. XD Maybe the newer games use some.... I don't know. But perhaps you should try. I am just really curious. Try a game you have never installed before that came out like last year or so.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Don't know if this will work but try to initialize your switch and wiped you sd card then start again from scratch. Also can you play xci games?

Diamond Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a game that.. .DIDN'T come out a few days ago. XD Maybe the newer games use some.... I don't know. But perhaps you should try. I am just really curious. Try a game you have never installed before that came out like last year or so.
I just tried with arms same problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

scan your microsd with h2testw
No errors

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't know if this will work but try to initialize your switch and wiped you sd card then start again from scratch. Also can you play xci games?
Already tried and no I tried that to

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something that may be coming into play (maybe), because Nintendo does a thing:

If you have the same account on two switches, one will be the "primary" switch and the other secondary switch. Any switch that isn't primary will require internet verification before it can start a game. Under normal circumstances to fix this, you can use a browser, login to your nintendo account, and assign your current switch as the primary.

Since this is a used switch, and it used to have the old person's account on it, it may be set to secondary? maybe? even after a format? I'm not sure how it works. It may be completely irrelevant, thought it was worth a mention. It was a bother with my two switches, and took me a while to figure out why one always needed internet to check before a game could start. Not sure how it decides on secondary accounts or when it releases them.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: MushGuy

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I think if you initialized your Switch (Should not be a problem since your Switch is modded. Back all of your saves and such up.) and then do not connect to the internet this time.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
There are several games I was having trouble with playing on SXOS (Doom and Diablo for instance). The games would freeze and get errors when starting because they always connect with Nintendo servers and can't in my setup. I noticed when I turned the system into airplane mode it skipped the checks and the games ran fine.

Perhaps airplane mode may trick your system and get the game to launch.
On initial load, Diablo requires internet. Once it verifies your console it can go offline as long as you do not exit the game. Unfortunately, you cannot play diablo while banned, even when playing a local game.

Diamond Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something that may be coming into play (maybe), because Nintendo does a thing:

If you have the same account on two switches, one will be the "primary" switch and the other secondary switch. Any switch that isn't primary will require internet verification before it can start a game. Under normal circumstances to fix this, you can use a browser, login to your nintendo account, and assign your current switch as the primary.

Since this is a used switch, and it used to have the old person's account on it, it may be set to secondary? maybe? even after a format? I'm not sure how it works. It may be completely irrelevant, thought it was worth a mention. It was a bother with my two switches, and took me a while to figure out why one always needed internet to check before a game could start. Not sure how it decides on secondary accounts or when it releases them.
Hm... I think if you initialized your Switch (Should not be a problem since your Switch is modded. Back all of your saves and such up.) and then do not connect to the internet this time.
Unfortunately I already tried both online,offline and in airplane mode each one being formatted after and before the other

reweman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i deleted my xci´s and replaced the games with nsp´s. installed them with sxos. it wants to update constantly but if you deny it, it will start anyway. diablo 3 does too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1