Hacking This ERROR message is getting really annoying

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hmm how come youtube is not working.. here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBZELtmpsLc&fmt=18

most games work fine on gamma, but there are couple of games that give me this stupid ass error message.
i know they are not bad iso or bad burn because they work fine on modchip'ed wii.
so what could be causing this problem? anyone seen anything like it?

this is all i have installed on my wii:
gamma with the cios it came with (cios36 v7) and ios 51 for shop channel..
that's pretty much it... do i need any other cios/ios?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlxowhd said:
i know they are not bad iso or bad burn because they work fine on modchip'ed wii.
just because a mod chip likes certain media doesn't mean a soft mod will or the other way around.
I'm sure when i get my mod chip in the mail I'll have some games i need to re burn and such.

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i burned them on the same media, with the same method as all other backup i've burned, so they should have no problems... i also burned them several times at different speeds.

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the exact message:

"An error has occurred.
Press the Eject Button, remove the
Game Disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the Wii Operations Manual
for more information."

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange, I only seem to get that error when I use bad media. (Most of my Memorex discs do that.) So far I've been good with Verbatim, and like, RCA and Sony even. Memorex and TDK seem to suck with me for some reason. . .

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason why I could think you would get that message is bad burn / bad media..I had this problem with animal crossing, reburned and fixed..

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
dlxowhd said:
this is the exact message:

"An error has occurred.
Press the Eject Button, remove the
Game Disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the Wii Operations Manual
for more information."

This is an ancient message from the days of GameCube, it means that the GameCube/Wii is having problems reading the disc.

I could write out over 100 reasons why this could be both software or hardware. My point is this is a very unspecfic generic error message and you info on this is a little vague.
You need to find what exact games give the error and what ones don't then do a million things EGCheck the quality of the burn, maybe reburn, try different media, clean the lens, replace the lens, get a new drive, get a different cIOS, update, downgrade, demodulate?
tongue.gif
, put horizontal, vertical use a stand, a fan, get a new drive bored....
Point is you will get one of the 100 answers from each person that posts guessing what this could be, imo you would be quicker just systematically going through everything yourself, or you could do the same but wait for people to just keep suggesting one thing at a time.

Hope you get sorted, try to narrow it down as much as you can and if someonje suggests something you know ain't true, tell them you tried that.

Could be something really simple, so check the quickest things first, scratches you can quickly look. Position horizontal, vertical a few seconds to check etc etc. Before doing this "waste" a dvd their cheap by reburning a game that you know doesn't work and use settings you normally wouldn't so slower or faster.

anden1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting that error too. Only a few games work, I think i have a bad burn and media. I burned super paper mario several times at different speeds but when i borrowed my sisters dvd burner i at least got the image on how to hold the controller then it showed the error message.

ausdamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
learnt the hard way myself.. any games giving you grief.. burn at 2x speed in imgburn.. has always fixed problems on all my isos...

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its mainly down to the media you are using. Ive had that message but since I've been using Memorex 16x burning at Max speed (yes max 2x doesnt make a difference) I've not had a bad burn yet. touch wood.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to get that on some ASDA branded stuff.... switched to Memorex -r at 4x and no probs since.

Have you tried from Backup launcher Gamma in HBC? do Launch game instead of rebooter and it should work.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you installed the cIOS36 Rev7. This was a common error using cIOS36 rev6 and the beta launcher. Try reinstalling cIOS36 rev 7. If that doesn't work then it sounds like a burn/ media issue

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE!!!!! Nobody else has ever had that problem before! You can tell when you type that insto the search button and it comes up..................... oops, youre not the only one imagine that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.