Gaming This appears to be a virus!!! Help!!!

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was a total fucking-retarded-noob some minutes ago (and now). Well, I have downloaded some msn hacking tools (because a friend of mine was irritating me).My avast! detected viruses and autorestricted them. But I was a idiot and executed a one called "MSN Hacker.exe", and when I executed it it disappeared from my desktop (it was there) and it was keeping being executed and the windows task doesn't get rid of it through the "kill process". and the avast! don't detect it as a virus.Then i restarted the pc and it was gone but now a "IsassNonCrypted.exe" keep poping up and avast ask me if i let it run in sandbox mode or not. Right now i'm doing a complete scanning process of my pc with avast! . I want help, please !!!
ohnoes.png

sorry to bother and sorry for my english

thanks!!!

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dont even bother with the above
system restore wont remove it anymore.
given that your explorer in regular boot is nonfunctional, your only choice now is to go into safe mode, back up the stuff you want to save onto another hard drive, and then reformat your computer.

restoring will NOT, fix your computer to the way it was before. Its just not the way it works.
in its effort to preserve data, fragments of the virus (or maybe the entire entity) is still lurking in your
computer afterwards. So, just dont be lazy, and reformat.

on a side note, i highly advocate against using antivirus programs, they dont really do much besides slow
down your computer with their poorly optimized coding. Windows defender does a great job of stopping
erroneous connections, it just comes down to you as a user to make RESPONSIBLE decisions.
whether you're torrenting, surfing, or talking to mates on MSN. Just think twice before you click on
all the links out there. gl hf.

Posts merged

given that your explorer in regular boot is nonfunctional, your only choice now is to go into safe mode, back up the stuff you want to save onto another hard drive, and then reformat your computer.

restoring will NOT, fix your computer to the way it was before. Its just not the way it works.
in its effort to preserve data, fragments of the virus (or maybe the entire entity) is still lurking in your

on a side note, i highly advocate against using antivirus programs, they dont really do much besides slow
down your computer with their poorly optimized coding. Windows defender does a great job of stopping
erroneous connections, it just comes down to you as a user to make RESPONSIBLE decisions.
whether you're torrenting, surfing, or talking to mates on MSN. Just think twice before you click on

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
deathking said:
go to safe mode and run the virus scan
or do a system restore to before you got the virus
sorry, but i don't remeber how to go to safe mode and i have forgotten one thing: avast is asking me if i let this "IsassNonCrypted.exe" be opened by C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
what to do?

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bean_BR said:
deathking said:
go to safe mode and run the virus scan
or do a system restore to before you got the virus
sorry, but i don't remeber how to go to safe mode and i have forgotten one thing: avast is asking me if i let this "IsassNonCrypted.exe" be opened by C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
what to do?

deny it.

and reboot your computer, spam F8 / L depending on your motherboard until the prompt comes up to select boot method
make sure its default safe mode, and not "safe mode with networking" or anything like that.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ProjectVirtue said:

i was blind with hate and i have done this big shit. you know why this IsassNonCrypted.exe wants to be opened by explorer?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProjectVirtue said:

This is bullshit advice. Check out the hard data from AV-Comparatives and you'll see that anti-virus programs are effective. No wonder your solution is to do a wipe and reinstallation if you don't think anti-virus programs work. Avast! is a top scoring program.

Did you keep Avast! up to date? It should have stopped execution of the virus in the first place if it was actually on. But either way you'll need to boot in safe mode (F8) and run at least Avast, probably more programs to get rid of it. I'd do a boot scan with Avast (you can schedule this within the program), then install Avira and Spybot Search and Destroy in Safe Mode and do full scans with these. (Remember to disable or unistall either Avast! or Avira before booting normally) Malwarebytes will not work in Safe Mode.

You can also get a LiveCD like UBCD4Win and use it to virus scan. Ubuntu Live Disks at most have ClamAV, which will not be nearly as effective.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
fischju said:
ProjectVirtue said:

This is bullshit advice. Check out the hard data from AV-Comparatives and you'll see that anti-virus programs are effective. No wonder your solution is to do a wipe and reinstallation if you don't think anti-virus programs work. Avast! is a top scoring program.

Did you keep Avast! up to date? It should have stopped execution of the virus in the first place if it was actually on. But either way you'll need to boot in safe mode (F8) and run at least Avast, probably more programs to get rid of it. I'd do a boot scan with Avast (you can schedule this within the program), then install Avira and Spybot Search and Destroy in Safe Mode and do full scans with these. (Remember to disable or unistall either Avast! or Avira before booting normally) Malwarebytes will not work in Safe Mode.

You can also get a LiveCD like UBCD4Win and use it to virus scan. Ubuntu Live Disks at most have ClamAV, which will not be nearly as effective.

yeah, i update it often and it don't detected it as a virus (MSN Hacker.exe). this thing is gone but now is this IsassNonCrypted.exe that keep poping up. I will go to safe mode now and see if i can fix this.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i went to the safe mode and did the restoration point process (some hours before i've done that shit) and aparently this worked, and that thing isn't showing up anymore.
you guys helped me a lot, thank you very much!!!!!
yay.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1). It was a virus (or some form of malware if you want to be one of those guys).
2). System restore does not remove virus, in fact it can make them HARDER to fully remove.

Task Manager (ctrl+alt+esc) is your friend. "Show processes from all users" and look for odd files.
Google the ones you're unsure of, make note of any misspelled ones or ones that appear multiple times.
Search your computer for any suspect files, IsassNonCrypted.exe and MSN Hacker.exe should be on the top of your list and delete (or rename) the files. If you get a 'file in use' error go back to Task Manager and look for the process and kill it. If you still cannot delete it, try installing Unlocker and unlocking the file (right click -> Unlocker).
Also search for common system files (explorer.exe, taskhost.exe, taskmgr.exe) and look for ones that aren't where they should be.

Be careful of any files you delete, the wrong one can break your system.
Avoid deleting any files that MAY be system files unless you're SURE they are not. You should be able to repair system files by running "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
twiztidsinz said:
1). It was a virus (or some form of malware if you want to be one of those guys).
2). System restore does not remove virus, in fact it can make them HARDER to fully remove.

Task Manager (ctrl+alt+esc) is your friend. "Show processes from all users" and look for odd files.
Google the ones you're unsure of, make note of any misspelled ones or ones that appear multiple times.
Search your computer for any suspect files, IsassNonCrypted.exe and MSN Hacker.exe should be on the top of your list and delete (or rename) the files. If you get a 'file in use' error go back to Task Manager and look for the process and kill it. If you still cannot delete it, try installing Unlocker and unlocking the file (right click -> Unlocker).
Also search for common system files (explorer.exe, taskhost.exe, taskmgr.exe) and look for ones that aren't where they should be.

Be careful of any files you delete, the wrong one can break your system.
Avoid deleting any files that MAY be system files unless you're SURE they are not. You should be able to repair system files by running "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt.

when i use the pc i leave the task manager opened (and all users process) all the time to see if there is nothing strange. and now everything appears to be normal, the number of process is normal and the executables are the ones i know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse