thinking about the sky3ds...question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kyomagi, Jun 6, 2015.

1. kyomagi
    OP

kyomagi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2009
    United States
    my biggest question, the template file on the sky3ds site is the one you use the diskwriter with on the sd card and it just works, correct? no firmware updates or using other carts/consoles?

2. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    THAT's your biggest question?

No, you don't need anything other than DiskWriter and the template file. Well, maybe the config.ini file, but no other flashcart or anything, no.

How about if there's a way yet to generate your own template file in order to be able to player other games or new games that come out? Isn't that more important? (the answer is no, by the way. We are at the mercy of this "Sky3DS team" to release it. If they disappear tomorrow then we'll all be left hanging in the wind! Yay!).

How about if you can use Cubic Ninja and regionFOUR to play out-of-region games? Surely that's more important. (the answer is yes, btw, up till fw 9.8, the most recent fw).

You don't give a shit, do you? Sorry for the rant. Had nothing else better to do.

3. kyomagi
    OP

kyomagi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2009
    United States
    Lol it's ok it was a good read. Thanks for the answers

I picked up a n3dsxl with a few games on the cheap so I'm gonna sell those for the sky 3ds