Hacking Thinking about getting a flash cart

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a DSi. I've been thinking of getting a flash cart. I have my eyes on the SuperCard DS ONEi: http://www.ishopvideogame.com/supercard-ds...48.html?ref=131

Is it any good. Do the backups work well on it, and is there a way to back-up my own games (even if I have to use my sisters DSL). Also, would I need a DS-Lite to upgrade the FC's firmware?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they work well, though i havent seen any updates from SC for a long time though...
You don't need a DSlite to upgrade the firmware

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never owned a supercard, but while it is said to be a good card, many people complain about the speed at which it operates and updates.

Acekard2i was a good card and is also very customizable (the skins)
M3i Zero is good also (i'm using that right now) and has many functions
EzFlash Vi has many updates but also many bugs but most of their updates allows you to run games without patching them for AP and they work better...

Edit: So far only the M3i Zero can update without using any DS (bootstrap)

But the other 2 you either need a DSi on a Firmware that works with it or a DS lite

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:

But the other 2 you either need a DSi on a Firmware that works with it or a DS lite
Minor correction: the SCDSi comes with a USB flasher device to upgrade the firmware without using a DS, and was in fact the first device to offer such a service.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
BlackDave said:

Minor correction: the SCDSi comes with a USB flasher device to upgrade the firmware without using a DS, and was in fact the first device to offer such a service.

I think he was referring to the Acekard 2i and the EZ-Flash Vi.

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which one do you guys think I should get? And where should I go to get the best deal on it?

And are there any that can play dsi only (Such as games system: Failure) or run games that work in dsi mode (Such as games like My Healthy Cooking Coach, or Classic Word Games)?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my point of view I think you should really just buy your games. Buying games helps the companies make more games. If you want homebrew you could always get the Datel Action Replay it could load homebrews as well.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
From my point of view I think you should really just buy your games. Buying games helps the companies make more games. If you want homebrew you could always get the Datel Action Replay it could load homebrews as well.

I read somewhere that it only cost nintendo under 1 dollar to make a game, so they're ripping us off bad. Even if they don't sell alot of copies, they don't lose much.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
jakob95 said:

I read somewhere that it only cost nintendo under 1 dollar to make a game, so they're ripping us off bad. Even if they don't sell alot of copies, they don't lose much.

Actually that may be the price for making the game physically, but they are basically charging you for the work put into creating that game (that's why some new games that come out are more expense or cheaper at the start)

Edit: and the licensing, the copyrights... it's all in the price!

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then... Are they compatible with DSi only or DSi enhanced games (with the DSi only features available of course)?

And I do plan on buying my games, downloading games seems backwards to me on account that I'd like companies to keep actually making games

Posts merged

So then... Are they compatible with DSi only or DSi enhanced games (with the DSi only features available of course)?

And I do plan on buying my games, downloading games seems backwards to me on account that I'd like companies to keep actually making games

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
There are no DSi mode hacks and therefore you will not be able to run DSi only games on any of the flashcarts. Once a workable hack is found all DSi flashcarts will become obsolete anyway as people try and make loaders for the SD card slot.

Username_09

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlackDave said:
I never owned a supercard, but while it is said to be a good card, many people complain about the speed at which it operates and updates.

Acekard2i was a good card and is also very customizable (the skins)
M3i Zero is good also (i'm using that right now) and has many functions
EzFlash Vi has many updates but also many bugs but most of their updates allows you to run games without patching them for AP and they work better...

I second that you should get M3i zero, and from here: http://realhotstuff.com/-c-125_132.html but wait until they get some stock in, they are about the cheapest you can get and free shipping too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.