Things you recently bought or got

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up this "Movie Player" not sure if I'll track down a Compact flash card or a read/writer for it. Just toss it into my collection of GBA flash stuff.
Got a couple of cool old school GB flash carts coming in the mail soon also.

Z8DXYqy.jpg

My current collection:
13yjwd4.jpg

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Label on my ezfa is all grubby like that as well. Thought it was just mine even though it's spent all it's life in my gba.

I bought a new charger. Didn't really need need anymore batteries, I already have a load of lsd rechargables, but the world is truly ending as Maplin had another good deal.

VscKq0C.jpg

£14.99.

Batteries added to my ever growing collection :lol:

Wh9kutZ.jpg

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably done with the steam sale due to it being meh as usual. Only bought

Snake Pass
Hollow Knight, decent discount considering it's fairly new.
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni, had a voucher giving it a decent discount.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're are definitelly overpriced when you take into account the cost per fps
amd is giving you better value for the price you're paying for their products, while nvidia is trying to suck as much as they can from you

Never had a single issue with nVidia in the fifteen years I've used their products, it is what is, like what you like. C'est la vie.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not talking about reliability, i think both hold pretty well overtime
what i'm talking about here is pricing , and the premium you end up paying with nvidia for a slightly more powerful competing card, which is not worth it imo

I'm keeping my comments to myself on the matter. I got it for free, I can't complain, there, I'm done. *sigh*.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Slightly?
AMD are so behind the game they don't even have a card to compete with the 1080 or 1080ti.

At this point for high end gaming, NVIDIA is the ONLY way to go.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've recently bought:

Panasonic 65 inch dx902b
KEF Q500 speakers
KEF Q200c speaker
KEF 100 speakers
AVR Denon x3300
BK monolith plus subwoofer

let me just say my ears are now blessed. Haven't oepned the TV yet. didnt go OLEd due to burn in/image retention given how much i abuse my screens

Reactions: noragrets

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both are overpriced this gen. Not something you can really just throw at Nvidia. Both AMD and Nvidia bumped their prices up a bracket. AMD just has nothing at the higher end yet, but based on their behaviour with the lower end, I don't see them being much cheaper, when they eventually push back into it.

1060 over on Nvidia got shoved into the price X70 price bracket, 1070 got put in the x80 bracket and so on.
AMD done exactly the same with what they have. Did the 480 come out in the 380's price bracket, nope, price was jacked up and put in the x90 (290/390) bracket.

GPU market is a joke at the moment. R9 290 is coming up to 4 years old and what can you get in that mainstream price bracket, a 1060 or 480/580 or about 10-15fps average if that. 4 years and that's the improvement in the mainstream tier. It's disgraceful from both vendors.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Bung Doctor GB 64M card and a GameJack 16M?! arrived in the mail today. The GameJack card is heavy, and has a selector for different MBC types. It needed some contact cleaning but got it to run and found Tecmo Bowl on it...good times. The Bung(love that name) Doctor card is cool, it appears new in box. Always wanted one of these but if I remember they were expensive. They increase my small collection to five consisting of an EDGB, DragnDerp, and EM64.
28keljg.jpg

umtJ14z.jpg

ladypoodle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave a shot on buying Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition on G2A for 9 bucks (with tax, $13 in total), waited for 3-4 minutes for the key, inputted the product code and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol