Things you recently bought or got

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s an ME7ERG High Back Ergohuman from Eurotech Seating. Best office chair ever made with a lifetime warranty.

Maybe. But I wouldn't recommend it for cat owners. We have three cats and if I rolled that chair in here there'd be a fight over which one gets first dibs at ripping all that mesh to shreds.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Welp, just picked it up.
It's the bundle that comes with forza horizon 5.

Due to the same the store was having it wound up costing 430€, the game Harry Potter game ended up being 35€ with a coupon I had.

Attachments

• IMG_20230601_203537.jpg
    IMG_20230601_203537.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 14

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Saturday. Flea Market Day at the fairground.

New and sealed 74min Gold CD-R for 50 cents.
CD-R_Front.JPG CD-R_Back.JPG
Sadly only one. A complete stack of random DVD+RW and a spindle with cheap 80min CD-R... but only this one single gold based CD-R. Hope to find more another time.

And... I'm entering the modern world of high speed USB 2.0.
Also new+sealed. Might be useful for a PC running Windows 98SE. Many motherboards from that era only have two USB 1.1 ports, which is painfully slow for USB mass storage.
USB_2.0_Front.JPG USB_2.0_Back.JPG

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hope they contain something worthy and interesting.

Customer data is not relevant nor interesting to me, not gonna snoop around in somebody their private files.
Besides, I've already formatted them for usage on vintage machines.

Reactions: SylverReZ

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way things are going Healthwise with me, I'm already planning to be bed stricken :sad: . Thus

new purchase.JPG

Though I really don't expect it to arrive on a Sunday.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saturday. Flea Market Day at the fairground.

New and sealed 74min Gold CD-R for 50 cents.
View attachment 375670 View attachment 375669
Sadly only one. A complete stack of random DVD+RW and a spindle with cheap 80min CD-R... but only this one single gold based CD-R. Hope to find more another time.

And... I'm entering the modern world of high speed USB 2.0.
Also new+sealed. Might be useful for a PC running Windows 98SE. Many motherboards from that era only have two USB 1.1 ports, which is painfully slow for USB mass storage.
View attachment 375672 View attachment 375671
I just ordered one of these from eBay for the Win98SE machine. The Sound Blaster AWE32 died in it, so I managed to snag an ISA slot SB AWE64 to replace it. Problem is that my 98SE machine only has SCSI ports and one IDE slot, with both master and slave being used for hard disks.

I could get a SCSI CD-ROM and add it, but then I am still burning CD’s to transfer files over which is just stupid and wasteful. I know Win98SE supports USB 2.0, so I bought a PCI add on board to add them because the PC doesn’t have any USB built in (200Mhz Pentium 1 and the motherboard uses serial for keyboard and com port for mouse).

I managed to get the card installed and configured properly, but as of now I have no way to transfer over the 19Mb driver other than the built in floppy drive. I have an external floppy drive that works in Windows 10/11, but I’d have to split the exe into 1Mb files (that’s all a floppy holds, folks!) and transfer it over with the only 4 floppy disks I have that still work.

No thanks. It came with an install CD. Useless to me for installing audio drivers. So I’m hoping this USB card fixes my problem of mass storage on the Win98SE machine.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just ordered one of these from eBay for the Win98SE machine. The Sound Blaster AWE32 died in it, so I managed to snag an ISA slot SB AWE64 to replace it. Problem is that my 98SE machine only has SCSI ports and one IDE slot, with both master and slave being used for hard disks.

I could get a SCSI CD-ROM and add it, but then I am still burning CD’s to transfer files over which is just stupid and wasteful. I know Win98SE supports USB 2.0, so I bought a PCI add on board to add them because the PC doesn’t have any USB built in (200Mhz Pentium 1 and the motherboard uses serial for keyboard and com port for mouse).

I managed to get the card installed and configured properly, but as of now I have no way to transfer over the 19Mb driver other than the built in floppy drive. I have an external floppy drive that works in Windows 10/11, but I’d have to split the exe into 1Mb files (that’s all a floppy holds, folks!) and transfer it over with the only 4 floppy disks I have that still work.

No thanks. It came with an install CD. Useless to me for installing audio drivers. So I’m hoping this USB card fixes my problem of mass storage on the Win98SE machine.
Aren't there a lot more possibilities than floppy disks?
Network?
Parallel cable and INTERSVR.EXE?
Temporarily connect optical drive on IDE using CD-RW for transfer?
Connecting the IDE HDD on a slightly newer PC for driver transfer?

Standard 1.44MB floppy disks... but they can be formatted slightly bigger capacity of about 1.7MB (more tracks and sometimes more sectors per track). Windows 95 came on such disks.
That brings back memories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1