Things you recently bought or got

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now, this is the one that's kinda like Breath of the Wild in terms of visuals and mobility, right? If it's the same one I saw footage of, it definitely looks really fun and interesting, if not a little hard to come to grips with, considering it's still a mainline Pokemon game.
It is, but It's just a different Pokémon game, as it tries a more traditional RPG style than else. I liked it.

Reactions: GeekyGuy

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I pre-ordered Dying Light 2 ps5 at bestbuy because I just canceled my amazon pre-order.

Amazon has been giving me problems the last couple of months with anything I pre-ordered from them, like they randomly delay my order if I got it a little cheaper than MSRP(like $10ish cheaper) and it seems like anytime a game has a pre-order bonus I have to fight someone to get it. I have had pre-orders delayed a week or 2 because of "short stock" but I have had friends who bought the same game from them at full price and they get it next day.

It just happened again to me with Pokémon Legends Arceus. They delayed my pre-order until February 8 but my friend who bought it the day it come out, got it the next day.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting this tomorrow, but I somehow got it today, on Sunday, by usps (it's installing/copying now to the internal ssd):

20220130_124509.jpg

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Sony WF-1000XM4 a.k.a. Truffles, mindlessly purchased during the boxing day

I'm stunned by how much ANC could help in noisy environments. Not to mention their top tier sound quality too. Finally something I can use as a daily driver without any complaints
20220130_172555.jpg

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3 gbc from J4U came today. Doing a 5 minute test, 1 of the purple gbc work with some sound issues. The other purple no power and the clear purple shows life for a second then no power. Also the 1 gbc that is working the start/select button are not working and the a and b need to be pressed hard to work. So I'm pretty sure just needs a good cleaning

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got 2 out of the 3 gbcs I bought working . Ironically it was the 2 purple that worked out. I had to desolder the terminals on one of them the clean the battery corrosion on it. The clear purple game was very corroded, so much so that the A,B and Start buttons had no more traces left on them. The headphone jack was so corroded it was completely covering in blue. The negative battery terminal literally broke off with just a touch. The on/off switch was so corroded that the pads were completely eaten. From the pictures on the site, it didn't looks bad at all.

For some reason one of the gbc's won't work with reproduction cards, not matter how much I clean the cart slot. The other gbc had a bad speaker and the only decent speaker I had was from a ds lite. I had to cut the plastic a little to get it to fit, but it's working great.

Probably will be buying some more in 2 weeks to fix up

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I got 2 out of the 3 gbcs I bought working . Ironically it was the 2 purple that worked out. I had to desolder the terminals on one of them the clean the battery corrosion on it. The clear purple game was very corroded, so much so that the A,B and Start buttons had no more traces left on them. The headphone jack was so corroded it was completely covering in blue. The negative battery terminal literally broke off with just a touch. The on/off switch was so corroded that the pads were completely eaten. From the pictures on the site, it didn't looks bad at all.

For some reason one of the gbc's won't work with reproduction cards, not matter how much I clean the cart slot. The other gbc had a bad speaker and the only decent speaker I had was from a ds lite. I had to cut the plastic a little to get it to fit, but it's working great.

Probably will be buying some more in 2 weeks to fix up
Fun stuff. Do you have any experience repairing the button contacts on the motherboard? My old childhood GBC has a button (A or B, don't remember off the top of my head) that needs fixing, and it's not something I've done before.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fun stuff. Do you have any experience repairing the button contacts on the motherboard? My old childhood GBC has a button (A or B, don't remember off the top of my head) that needs fixing, and it's not something I've done before.
No I don't. It's not something I've ever tried and I won't be trying with this one, it's way to damaged. I'm just going to salvage what parts I can on it and that's about it. Also the part that in the best condition was the speaker. It was probably one of the only thing that didnt have any corrosion on it, just a little dirty.

Reactions: hippy dave

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're Lee, and they are so much more comfy than I was anticipating. Definitely getting at least one more pair. Love the color too.
Thank you for your response. I don't have a place near me that sells Lee branded pants, :(. This looks like almost similar to yours and Judging by the price, they must last long. Do you know if do actually last long?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response. I don't have a place near me that sells Lee branded pants, :(. This looks like almost similar to yours and Judging by the price, they must last long. Do you know if do actually last long?
Those do look like the exact pants (not the same color, of course). As for how long they'll last...? Well, I couldn't say at this point. I've only worn them to work about four or five times thus far. I'm washing them exactly per the tag's instructions, but air drying them instead of using my dryer just to be on the safe side. So far, so good. Still very comfortable. Color hasn't faded.

Reactions: RandomUser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty