Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stopped at hft and got a bunch of stuff and a few free things too
also got some plasti dip for pc part painting (thread will be up soon™)

DSC02793_zpsblsmkxfk.jpg~original

DSC02790_zpso2beyf9d.jpg~original

DSC02792_zpsvhrynzj8.jpg~original

Reactions: nxwing and Jiehfeng

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a nice old rabbet/rebate plane, been sort of looking for one for a while and though there have been a few metal adjustable ones (this one is somewhat adjustable) they were all too far gone or too much for my taste
rabbet_plane.JPG

As with most new (to me) tools I thought I would polish it up a bit and give it a go. Now several scrap planks I found in the garden slot together with a nice rabbet and/or tongue and groove.
In some ways I like it more than my thousands of watts router, certainly less of a paint to go grab and set up for it all.
Now I want to find a router plane but I have not so much as seen one of those in an antique shop lately, let alone for my sort of prices.

Whole £1 it set me back.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c001fa3a6e964841a12cf5a992965965.jpg
b996036852284d578ff1b348ac1a666c.jpg

wew lad =)
Anyways, I had some Amazon credit, so why not?
Do amiibo really add anything new to playing games? I kinda wanted to buy amiibo, but i wasn't sure if i would find it exciting or useful to my games, since super smash bros, it seem more like skylanders which i don't have much intrest in. I need opinions. :unsure:

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do amiibo really add anything new to playing games? I kinda wanted to buy amiibo, but i wasn't sure if i would find it exciting or useful to my games, since super smash bros, it seem more like skylanders which i don't have much intrest in. I need opinions. :unsure:
It depends on a game per game basis. Most games only give you some extras (such as in Mario Kart 8, you only get costumes for your Mii). A few games actually "interact" with your Amiibo, such as Smash Bros. I think training Amiibo is quite fun.. until they get really good :P
When I first started collecting Amiibo a few months back, I had the mentality that I would buy them because they look cool and/or I want some sort of hobby.
4 months later, I've barely collected around 25 :P
448d59c1085443688deba2e5f5c74edb.jpg

People have told me that I started TOO late. I disagree. Some Amiibo went up to $100 in 2015. Now? Those Amiibo cost around $30. It's never too late to start collecting.

Anyways, it really depends on your interests. If you plan on buying them for games (especially for games besides Smash Bros), you might be a little disappointed, but if you buy them as a hobby or because how cool they look, I think you'll be happy.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on a game per game basis. Most games only give you some extras (such as in Mario Kart 8, you only get costumes for your Mii). A few games actually "interact" with your Amiibo, such as Smash Bros. I think training Amiibo is quite fun.. until they get really good :P
When I first started collecting Amiibo a few months back, I had the mentality that I would buy them because they look cool and/or I want some sort of hobby.
4 months later, I've barely collected around 25 :P
448d59c1085443688deba2e5f5c74edb.jpg

People have told me that I started TOO late. I disagree. Some Amiibo went up to $100 in 2015. Now? Those Amiibo cost around $30. It's never too late to start collecting.

Anyways, it really depends on your interests. If you plan on buying them for games (especially for games besides Smash Bros), you might be a little disappointed, but if you buy them as a hobby or because how cool they look, I think you'll be happy.
Well i mean that is what they are used for, the games right? Also i didn't expect to be this expensive or to produce so many, and have so many limitations on which games you can use it for. Just seem a little discouraging to some people if they haven't started collecting yet. But i guess if someone really wanted it, nothing will stop them.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i mean that is what they are used for, the games right? Also i didn't expect to be this expensive or to produce so many, and have so many limitations on which games you can use it for. Just seem a little discouraging to some people if they haven't started collecting yet. But i guess if someone really wanted it, nothing will stop them.
I think the games come second, both in the eyes of the consumer and Nintendo (unfortunately). I mean, just look at Amiibo support after Smash, it's trash (Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and the Splatoon Amiibo).
Just buy the ones you like. Buy Amiibo for the characters you like and enjoy.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u want to not buy the figures u just buy an N^2Elite

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strangely the window side panel is the only low quality part out of the whole thing,

Well, not off to a good start with mine, it looks nice enough, but seems QC was having a day off.

Big scratch inside the case.
Chipped paint on the side panel.
Rubber feet for the psu not where they should be, just stuck to random places inside the case (at least the ones I could find).
Scratched front panel
Scratched on the back of the right side panel.

Going to have to sort out the photos tonight and arrange for collection + replacement.

Hopefully the next one is ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: His pronouns are HIV/HPV