yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Make a phone on the Poketch. You can do voice conversation on Wifi so make a phone!
2. Add a second or even third region like in Gold/Silver/Crystal
3. Put secret bases back up in the main world
4. Remove the limit on items in the secret base
5. Add more Team Galactic places. In Ruby/Sapphire there was the weather center and in Silver/Gold there was the radio tower and lots more.

Just some things I think should have been included...
- Sam

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to walk in all directions.
A new game engine I'm not looking for 3D or anything like that just a new look.
A proper multiplayer mode, how about being able to make your own little home you can go back to?

Actually scrap that...Animal Crossing but with Pokemon battles and a nice RPG adventure. Oh and it would be nice if you could make your own style of Pokemon, choosing its type and so on and then trade.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Item management needs to be improved, not sure why they got rid of stroing items in the PC but it needs to come back. It's a real pain to scroll through the list of all the items looking for something. And even if you move the most used items to the front of the list, if you only have one and equip it then unequip it, it goes back to the end.

Also would like to see the game play speed increased a bit, surfing is too slow now. And even when you turn animations off in a battle, you still get some animations that slow it down.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to customize the look of your character.

A large difference between the two games (you know like, not just a pokemon or two and the ledgendary)

Faster Game Play

More Touch Screen Use (Like dragging potions onto your Pokeman and guiding you character and using HMs, etc.)

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The next pokemon should be like an aniversary edition with like a new region, starters, pokemon, etc. but with all the old ones and all the old pokemon. All gyms, regions, legendarys, EVERYTHING. I would kill to have that.

ndela007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A battle system with more flexibility and increased speed because frankly battles take way too long and are extremely boring.

A more open game, choose where you want to go and the monsters scale up to your pokemon level in your current party. I hate how linear and completely deja vu every single pokemon feels (point A to point B, and basically the same ending).

Complete touch screen use for everything: moving,fighting, and basically everything inbetween.

A reworking of the item system allowing: stacking of all items (found some that do not but cannot remember off the top of my head), automatic sorting (maybe just steal the FF item screen).

In general make the game a little more challenging or add more things to do. Things bother me such as the poor design on the pokewatch, the basic generic map (be nice if we could put down notes on the map to remember things), and things along those lines.

Also as most everyone has said, more customization because that is what makes gaming fun for almost anyone. Plus a nice game with more than one little world, would it not be fun to go to different regions and gain more badges as the same trainer/etc.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they just seriously need to increase the speed of everything.
when a battle comes up, it needs to POP then screen shows your pokemon and the opponent.
I hate those slow status like rain, sunshine, etc where it takes 5 secs almost like a lag.
After a move is chosen it should be done immediately.
I'm tired of this slow ass battle.

as long as they speed those things up, i'm fine which whatever else.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "cry" should be taken from the anime, so they say their names.
It really wouldn't take that much space, at 128kbps you are talking about 8MB for 493 pokemon.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They could add woman balls, So you can catch female NPCs. j/k
They could add pokemon crossbreeding. Combine a squirtle and charmander and get a chirtle, or squarmander.
biggrin.gif

I really like the ideas of the people in this thread.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
be more old school, like most of your suggestions.

i like mspaint for the same reason.
it's quick user friendly and very powerful (in its own right).

a gigantic anniversary edition (gba style). loved the leaf green graphics.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest beef with the pokemon games now are the battle system, it hasn't changed since the original red/blue version. I got so bored of Diamond/Pearl after the first battle just because of the same old battle system. What happened to the Nintendo that took chances on innovative stuff?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
no more grid based movement
fully 3d, gamefreak sucks at 2D
a third person perspective, or atleast FFIII perspective
people can join your party
less pokemon, less stupid items and less beauty contest crap
and update the battle system

I remember when the GBA was announced, I figured Pokemon advance would have sorta top down mode7 graphics, people can join your party, and battles were like when you vs'd pikachu and jigglypuff in smash bros.
but no, they've just been making the same game over and over

edit-
if it were up to me, I'd take the series all the way back to pokemon red/blue.
I'd remake them in 3D on DS with all the enhancements gamefreak is too stupid and lazy to make.
then from there I'd take it in a better direction, I'd definitely stick with the original 151 pokemon, give them proper sound effects, 3D battles, probably real time battles too, maybe like Tales of the Tempest, you could only do like 4 moves in that game, but it was awesome

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they just seriously need to increase the speed of everything.
when a battle comes up, it needs to POP then screen shows your pokemon and the opponent.
I hate those slow status like rain, sunshine, etc where it takes 5 secs almost like a lag.
After a move is chosen it should be done immediately.
I'm tired of this slow ass battle.

as long as they speed those things up, i'm fine which whatever else.

The battles are way too slow. Also, maybe add voice effects ala the cartoon for the monsters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1