There is nothing inserted...but nothing has been changed!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by rjsizzler, Feb 8, 2013.

1. rjsizzler
    OP

Newcomer rjsizzler Newbie

United Kingdom
    Been successfully running an R4i Gold Plus (r4ids.com). It's never connected to internet. It's on a 3DS, Ver 1.1.0-0E. Using latest kernel (2013-1-9 PLUS kernel v2.9). All fine.

Then today, it says "There is nothing inserted in the game slot". It was working one minute, then not the next. I've tried reinstalling the kernel. I've tried it on another DS (a DSi) and get the same message.

All connections are completely clean. I didn't change anything and now it just won't recognise it.

Any ideas - I haven't got a clue what to try now.

Thanks[B][COLOR=#3366ff][B][COLOR=#3366ff][B][COLOR=#3366ff][B][COLOR=#3366ff][B][COLOR=#3366ff][B][COLOR=#3366ff][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B]

2. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    You mean the 3DS thinks no card is inserted whatsoever? If you have the external flasher, try reflashing it with that. You can also try cart-swapping if you have a second flashcart and an old DS or DS Lite. If that doesn't work, you might just have to buy a new (different?) card. The same thing happened to my Gold Plus...

3. rjsizzler
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks - I do have the external flasher (the blue plastic USB thing). But I have no idea how to use it - how do I reflash it?

4. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
  5. rjsizzler
    OP

United Kingdom
    That's brilliant - thanks. It sorted it. No idea why it was working one minute then not the next but the firmware update sorted it. I guess it may have become corrupted.