Hacking Question there is a small issue in kosmos v12 released

paulzheng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hey guys.
thanks atlasnx released kosmos v12 official version. not kidding version.

i download and upgrade it in my sdcard. all is better but i found a little problem in it.
it was in kosmos toolbox. in this apps. it shows "override application by default = off". you know it should to holding a other key combo to get into homebrewmenu such as R / Zr in left frame. i like to turn it on. then press home for saving&exit. but after that all games couldn't be working as also show hbmenu as well.

eventually i fixed it because i found a file as tf:atmosphere/loader.ini , edit it at line 3, there is writes "override any apps= ture", i modified it =false. reboot the console. all games can working well.

Last edited by paulzheng,

shutupsitdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys.
thanks atlasnx released kosmos v12 official version. not kidding version.

i download and upgrade it in my sdcard. all is better but i found a little problem in it.
it was in kosmos toolbox. in this apps. it shows "override application by default = off". you know it should to holding a other key combo to get into homebrewmenu such as R / Zr in left frame. i like to turn it on. then press home for saving&exit. but after that all games couldn't be working as also show hbmenu as well.

eventually i fixed it because i found a file as tf:atmosphere/loader.ini , edit it at line 3, there is writes "override any apps= ture", i modified it =false. reboot the console. all games can working well.

Sweet. I was wondering why Album was showing up instead of hbmenu. Wasn't aware of that key combo required now. I was just coming to figure out what was going on and saw this immediately.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Album has restricted memory, the idea is that the default settings let you override any game with homebrew by holding R to launch and get the full memory, suspend, etc. so you can play your N64 games in Retroarch.

paulzheng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sweet. I was wondering why Album was showing up instead of hbmenu. Wasn't aware of that key combo required now. I was just coming to figure out what was going on and saw this immediately.

yes. that's why album is replaced with hbmenu after updating kosmosv12.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Album has restricted memory, the idea is that the default settings let you override any game with homebrew by holding R to launch and get the full memory, suspend, etc. so you can play your N64 games in Retroarch.

sorry dude. you means that we can run N64 games in retroarch if we switch the value "override any app=ture" . right?

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
i dont get it, so with this new way of entering hbmenu (entering album and keep R) will improve my games that are launch from hbmenu? like retroarch and my games that are played from it? or this will improve the system in general making all game improve its performance?

paulzheng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i dont get it, so with this new way of entering hbmenu (entering album and keep R) will improve my games that are launch from hbmenu? like retroarch and my games that are played from it? or this will improve the system in general making all game improve its performance?

it just get the full memory to run apps i thought.
u can't burn the candle at both side, so it depends which ur choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: