Theory to avoid ban

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by sjones900, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009

Theory to avoid ban by sjones900 at 10:49 PM (1,043 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. sjones900
    OP

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Okay here's my thought. I have a lite-on 7xxx series that can be probed and flashed so if I were to take the key from it and spoof it to a ben-q with 1.61 and play on that and when everyone says here comes a ban wave or something like that I would swap back to my lite-on unflashed. Would that work in theory or is swapping drives like that detectable?

2. etrigan

Newcomer etrigan Member

United States
    Your logic is flawed. MS can flag you for a ban at any time, and then ban you at the time of their choosing. There is nothing predictable about MS Live bannings, other than they've predictably banned ppl that have used a myriad of ways to try to stay undetectable.

You could try it, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

3. poisonousj

Member poisonousj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Only way to avoid a ban is to not modify the 360.

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    During the last ban wave people have tried flashing their drives back to stock firmware and still got banned later. For all we know Microsoft could have a console flagged for a ban months in advance, but doesn't act on it straight away.

5. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Meh I'll give it go. The only reason why I might get a benq instead of using my liteon is so I can play wave 4 game with out needing the activate iso. Banning is just about inevitable we all will have to accept that eventually. But there are the lucky few that miraculously survive... don't count on yourself on being one of those..... I wouldn't

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada

7. sjones900
    OP

United States
    I still kinda like having stealth check on. Thats only good if I get banned.

-edit-
    also...

8. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    My theory:

Well we all remember what happned to the guys and gals that played borderlands, forza and ODST early. WELL notice what M$ told us, they said that these people where playing illegal copies of the game, and that people that were playing legit copies are ok and safe ..... i.e. it doesnt have to do with playing the game early.... it seems M$ knew/know how to tell that your palying a burnt game.

As soon as wave 4 games hit, so basically a day before/after halloween, mass bannings occurred (M$ knew all along). Anyway this is just pure M$ fashion, banning everyone before a major dashboard update that is the facebook, last.fm and twitter

Im sure many of us remember the bannings last year that occured to people when they tried to update from pre-nxe to nxe.... meh they knew all along, we were jsut too blind to see it.

9. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    They know where we live... [​IMG]

10. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    [​IMG] ... Really [​IMG] *destroys 360's*