Theory! (Newb?)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gamingmeteor, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamingmeteor
    OP

Gamingmeteor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Somewhere in the milky way
    Im just asking cuz I'm a newb and don't know anything, would it be possible to make a game with a hidden exploit in it, like Cubic Ninja, as from what I heard it would never be patched as the exploit was in the game, can we do that again, by making an innocent, good game on the eShop which is free, and can run boot.3dsx if you do some super secret sequence it will launch boot.3dsx?

2. Scarlet

Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    You'd have to obfuscate the exploit to hell. The chance of an intentional exploit coming to pass are next to none.

3. Aditzu

Aditzu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Romania
    You can't just exploit a random game.It doesn't work like that...

4. Xarec

Xarec Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2016
    if nintendo found out you put a secret way to exploit their console into the game, you'd be in serious trouble. lol.

mironicurse likes this.
  5. hyprskllz

hyprskllz Gashatto!!

Apr 19, 2016
    Indonesia
    Auldrant
    This. Plus if you put it on eshop and Ninty realize that it has exploit on it, your game will be pulled within an hour, or even minutes.

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    No one is going to go to the effort to do all that when 11.1 can both be exploited for homebrew and downgraded without a hardmod.

Ryccardo likes this.
  7. Salamencizer

Salamencizer Cute Hot Whatever

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    In your heart
    This idea has been thought about before as well, and it WONT work.
    Lock please

8. Gamingmeteor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Dang chill guys, Im still just a plebeian newb. Give me a break, so my understanding is from what I've seen, it's possible but you have to hide it extremely well. Also Aditzu Im not saying to exploit a random game, but to make a game where for example, you have to point the camera on a certain image to load the exploit. The game could be a little mini virtual monster catching game like pokemon go but without pokemon. Also InsaneNutter all exploits on 11.1 are payed by buying a game. And downgrade isn't possible without another hacked ads with that DSiWare exploit with a paid game or hardmod.

9. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Nobody is going to spend the money on dev units and all that jazz just to release free exploits and most likely get sued into a crater by Nintendo. Spend the $5 on Fieldrunners. That should be a week's allowance.

Ryccardo, NekoMichi and Subtle Demise like this.
  10. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    "No Flaming". HA!

11. JustAKirby

JustAKirby GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    This is one of those questions where the response should be, "If it was that easy, it would have been done a long time ago."
    And why is everybody who is not a dev proposing theories?

12. Gamingmeteor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Wait my bad, would a dev get sued into a god damn crater just to allow people to have access to home-brew, and have freedom on their 3ds. Then wouldn't Nintendo have sued smealum by now, or Yellows8. Yellows8 releases free exploits, and he's not even been sued by Nintendo, give me a break. Also I don't have a hacked 3ds, and I doubt anyone who's interested in 11.1.0-34 home-brew exploits would have one either.

13. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Smealum and Yellows8 haven't been sued because they're not using officially licensed devkits to release backdoored games on the eShop like you want someone to do. Also, homebrew works on 11.0/1, so I fail to understand what you're getting at.

14. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    Ahem, let me get this straight.

You have a theory, and would like people to say if it would work or not. The majority of people said it wouldn't work, yet you try to convince everyone it would by putting down all answers saying it wouldn't work.

Seems legit.

15. Gamingmeteor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    I was just proposing an idea, also I know homebrew works on 11.x all Im saying is would it be possible to create a game with an exploit in it. But I don't want someone else to do it I just wanted to know if this would have worked.

16. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    The difference here is that Yellows8 finds exploits, he doesn't create them. The exploits discovered are unintentional security holes in software that were not designed to run unauthorised code. Your theory is to create a piece of software with the function of specifically running unauthorised code and then distributing it via Nintendo's eShop platform, which is in violation of their developer agreement.

Last edited by NekoMichi, Oct 16, 2016
  17. Jacklack3

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    Yeah, and look at the answers you got.
    And there is much more.

Case closed.

18. Gamingmeteor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Thank you for explaining that to me. That clears things up.
    Wait I never knew my thread would have 27 people viewing it rn. Anyway going to lock thread (BTW how do I lock a thread lel I need help)

NekoMichi likes this.
  19. Jacklack3

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    Report the thread and say you want it to be locked. I know, seems weird but they can see that your the OP wanting to close your own thread so nothing to worry.

Gamingmeteor likes this.
  20. Gamingmeteor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Thank you for explaining that to me. That clears things up.
    Wait I never knew my thread would have 27 people viewing it rn. Anyway going to lock thread (BTW how do I lock a thread lel I need help)
    Oops double post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.